Windows 10: why are there black chucks on my screen

Discus and support why are there black chucks on my screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the question states and as seen in the MP4 and Screenshot I attached, my screen randomly explodes into several black squares randomly or in giant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Briley P Adcock, Jan 16, 2024.

1. why are there black chucks on my screen

As the question states and as seen in the MP4 and Screenshot I attached, my screen randomly explodes into several black squares randomly or in giant patterns. I've confirmed that it isn't my monitor as the video file shows, I screenshared and it was viewable from their ends as well. I've tried several things trying to remedy this such as a soft factory reset, restarted computer, virus scanning 40+ detections were found, however, the issue persists after quarantine and removal of virusesI have no idea what else it could be, none of the ports are messed up nor the pins. I have updated all of

:)

Briley P Adcock, Jan 16, 2024

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 17, 2024
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 17, 2024
  4. Remon Ont Win User

why are there black chucks on my screen

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jan 17, 2024
Thema:

why are there black chucks on my screen

1. why are there black chucks on my screen - Similar Threads - why are black

2. Why is my screen black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my screen black?: Over the last two days I’ve had a problem with logging in to my main profile and the screen being completely black. I was able to log in to a school profile and it worked but some applications were not accessible. After exhausting remedies I’ve found online, I ultimately had...
  3. Why is my screen black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my screen black?: Over the last two days I’ve had a problem with logging in to my main profile and the screen being completely black. I was able to log in to a school profile and it worked but some applications were not accessible. After exhausting remedies I’ve found online, I ultimately had...
  4. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screens go black?: From time to time usually one or more times every day my screens go black randomly. After a few seconds i get the "no signal" message on both screens. This started happening a few weeks ago. There is no error message of any kind. Audio keeps going so if i was watching a vido...
  5. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my screens go black?: From time to time usually one or more times every day my screens go black randomly. After a few seconds i get the "no signal" message on both screens. This started happening a few weeks ago. There is no error message of any kind. Audio keeps going so if i was watching a vido...
  6. Why does my screens go black?

7. why are there black chucks on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are there black chucks on my screen: As the question states and as seen in the MP4 and Screenshot I attached, my screen randomly explodes into several black squares randomly or in giant patterns. I've confirmed that it isn't my monitor as the video file shows, I screenshared and it was viewable from their ends...
  8. why my screen goes black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my screen goes black?: My screen goes black and I get a message that there is no signalEvent viewer error: dwFaulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0x8783b131Faulting module name: dwmcore.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1344, time stamp: 0xd200a55aException code:...
  9. why my screen goes black?

why my screen goes black?: My screen goes black and I get a message that there is no signalEvent viewer error: dwFaulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0x8783b131Faulting module name: dwmcore.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1344, time stamp: 0xd200a55aException code:...
  10. Why is the bottom half of my screen black?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is the bottom half of my screen black?: Suddenly, all the icons, browser, E-mail and virtually any internet or OS folders are shoved to the top half of my screen. I tried restore, settings, but got nowhere. I turned the PC on and off, still nothing. 44105