Windows 10: Why are the Taskbar Icons so big in Windows 11

Discus and support Why are the Taskbar Icons so big in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why are the Taskbar Icons so big in Windows 11? How can I resize them like previous versions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Ellis - FAB, Oct 7, 2024 at 12:07 PM.

1. Why are the Taskbar Icons so big in Windows 11

Why are the Taskbar Icons so big in Windows 11? How can I resize them like previous versions?

:)

James Ellis - FAB, Oct 7, 2024 at 12:07 PM
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 11 taskbar icons not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 11. I understand that Taskbar icons are not working after upgrading to Windows 11. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1. What happens when you click on an icon on the Taskbar?
    2. Do you receive any error message/code?
    3. Does this issue occur with all the icons?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try re-registering the taskbar and see if that works. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -User ([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent().Name) *ShellExperienceHost* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    3. Restart the PC once the command is complete.

If the issue persists, you can try creating a new user account and then see if you are able to access the icons on the Taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

4. Why are the Taskbar Icons so big in Windows 11

Windows 11 taskbar icons not working

The same issue I am facing is " Not working ICons including Time and notification view "

Please help me with it

today only I install Win11

Why are the Taskbar Icons so big in Windows 11 537efc8d-7aaa-4ff4-8219-d3b3417ea4df?upload=true.png

ChallaNageswaraiah, Oct 7, 2024 at 12:15 PM
Thema:

Why are the Taskbar Icons so big in Windows 11

1. Why are the Taskbar Icons so big in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Why are Taskbar

2. Why are the Taskbar Icons so big in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are the Taskbar Icons so big in Windows 11: Why are the Taskbar Icons so big in Windows 11? How can I resize them like previous versions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-the-taskbar-icons-so-big-in-windows-11/23a8eb45-bf72-4e6d-addd-8872ad21fe8e
  3. Why is my Search icon big like in Windows 11?

in Cortana
    Why is my Search icon big like in Windows 11?: Why is my Search icon big as in Windows 11?after i installed a feature update i got this icon even if i dont have TPM 2.0 nor upgraded it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-search-icon-big-like-in-windows-11/ceff6f53-7450-43d3-b94e-93788ec4fc82
  4. Having big icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having big icons on taskbar: Having issue since one month of big start , searh , taskveiw, widgets , teams other apps icones dosent have big pls guide me to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-big-icons-on-taskbar/baf1ac9c-47bd-44ba-b8f5-7c338f34d13c
  5. Having big icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having big icons on taskbar: Having issue since one month of big start , searh , taskveiw, widgets , teams other apps icones dosent have big pls guide me to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-big-icons-on-taskbar/baf1ac9c-47bd-44ba-b8f5-7c338f34d13c
  6. Taskbar icons too big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons too big: Hi how can i make the icons on the taskbar smaller that 100% It too big for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-too-big/1da51358-a31a-43e5-86cf-f6ed5bad50b4
  7. Why are updates so big and not stoppable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are updates so big and not stoppable?: Why even when I attempt to set limits and stuff I have to deal with microsoft downloading updates in the middle of doing something?+ It uses 100% of my internet so I can't do anything if I don't notice it Is there a way to FULLY disable updates and only update when I want it...
  8. Why is my taskbar so big on one monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my taskbar so big on one monitor?: [IMG] I have 2 extra monitors for my laptop setup at home. Today, my main (not the laptop) monitor's taskbar doubled in size, and increased the size of the app icons, but not the icons on the right. I have checked the taskbar settings and the use smaller taskbar buttons...
  9. Why is my taskbar so big?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my taskbar so big?: I have the small taskbar buttons options on, and the automatically hid in desktop mode. It used to be only as tall as the small buttons, but it has randomly gotten much taller the last few times I've logged on. It's now over 2 inches tall and the still small icons are just...
  10. Big gap on taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Big gap on taskbar icons: Hello. After installing a software (Splashtop), the gap between the icons on taskbar became big. If I uninstall the software, everything goes back to normal. Is there a way to customize the gap/space between the icons? Here is a picture of what I'm talking about....