Windows 10: Why are my posts on MSN being tagged as violating the community guidelines?

Discus and support Why are my posts on MSN being tagged as violating the community guidelines? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have had many posts blocked for violating the community guidelines. It has become tiresome.This was the latest "offensive" comment that I was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kevin Kaye, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Why are my posts on MSN being tagged as violating the community guidelines?

I have had many posts blocked for violating the community guidelines. It has become tiresome.This was the latest "offensive" comment that I was not able to post, where I wished to comment on an article about the most unhealthy items sold at Trader Joe's:"Many of these are intended to be appetizers or hors d oeuvres. No one sits down to eat a box of mac and cheese bites or a bag of cheese curds or breaded fried ravioli as a meal. The pastry rolls, cheesecake and peanut candies are desserts and candies, and are not going to be healthy. And anything with shrimp is going to be off the charts with

:)

Kevin Kaye, Oct 9, 2023
  2. Craig B3 Win User

MSN, Community guidelines and standards being inappropriately applied.

MSN 'Community Guidelines' are INSANE. I can't post, "I am gay". [Among other things] It's considered by these guidelines to be 'hate speech'. How ridiculous. Shame on MSN.

Craig B3, Oct 9, 2023
  3. Bullying and harassment community guidelines violations?

Sorry but you aren't communicating with MSN here. No one here can tell you why a post was

rejected.

Here's my canned response on moderation. Please see, in particular, point 4.

1. You may find useful information at Microsoft News

2. There were so many unacceptable comments that commenting was shut down for a few

months not too long ago.

3. Now that commenting is allowed again, moderation is very restrictive.

4. Moderation is a dysfunctional mess. It's being done via AI, via a bot, not humans and is

random and inexplicable.

5. If a comment you tried to post was banned, you can appeal that from the Feedback link

at the bottom of nearly every MSN page. This may or may not be acted on and you may

or may not receive a reply. There used to be a more direct method, but that's been removed.

6. I've searched but have not found a way to contact MSN staff regarding this moderation

except the Feedback link that's at the bottom of nearly every MSN webpage. If you receive

a reply to the feedback, it will be a generic reply that doesn't address your specific issue.

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 9, 2023
  4. Why are my posts on MSN being tagged as violating the community guidelines?

In what way does the sentence "What a horrible day to be literate" violate community guidelines?

Adding to advice offered by Puppy_Dog...

You aren't communicating with MSN here and, to be honest, I don't know of a way to get an explanation from MSN.

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 9, 2023
Thema:

Why are my posts on MSN being tagged as violating the community guidelines?

1. Why are my posts on MSN being tagged as violating the community guidelines? - Similar Threads - Why are posts

2. Community Guidelines on MSN site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Community Guidelines on MSN site: I just had a post fail to meet community guidelines when very respecfully explained the difference between facsism and communism yet someone can call another person a "far quit" or a pedophile and have the post allowed. Please explain.The original post"A vote for Greens is a...
  3. Community Guidelines on MSN site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Community Guidelines on MSN site: I just had a post fail to meet community guidelines when very respecfully explained the difference between facsism and communism yet someone can call another person a "far quit" or a pedophile and have the post allowed. Please explain.The original post"A vote for Greens is a...
  4. Community guidelines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Community guidelines: Why is it inappropriate for me to use a word in a response to a remark on an article that has already been used in the body of the remark that was made? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If the word bigot is used in a remark and I repeat the word in my response, why...
  5. Community guidelines

Community guidelines: Why is it inappropriate for me to use a word in a response to a remark on an article that has already been used in the body of the remark that was made? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If the word bigot is used in a remark and I repeat the word in my response, why...
  6. Why are my posts on MSN being tagged as violating the community guidelines?

Why are my posts on MSN being tagged as violating the community guidelines?: I have had many posts blocked for violating the community guidelines. It has become tiresome.This was the latest "offensive" comment that I was not able to post, where I wished to comment on an article about the most unhealthy items sold at Trader Joe's:"Many of these are...
  7. Community Guidelines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Community Guidelines: I cannot submit this comment in the news article I'm interested in commenting on. From what I see nothing contained below contains anything that might be even remotely offensive or dangerous that would preclude it from being submitted. "Whatever they come up with is not going...
  8. Community Guidelines

Community Guidelines: I cannot submit this comment in the news article I'm interested in commenting on. From what I see nothing contained below contains anything that might be even remotely offensive or dangerous that would preclude it from being submitted. "Whatever they come up with is not going...
  9. What is unacceptable in my comment that violates Community guidelines but that allows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is unacceptable in my comment that violates Community guidelines but that allows...: What constitutes bullying, harassment & discrimination regarding my comment to that what is already posted comments? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-unacceptable-in-my-comment-that-violates/3fb1d5d7-4583-4c86-96f3-035f91f27a3b
  10. What is unacceptable in my comment that violates Community guidelines but that allows...

What is unacceptable in my comment that violates Community guidelines but that allows...: What constitutes bullying, harassment & discrimination regarding my comment to that what is already posted comments? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-unacceptable-in-my-comment-that-violates/3fb1d5d7-4583-4c86-96f3-035f91f27a3b