Windows 10: Why are Microsoft Edge PDFs opening the browser home page instead of the PDF document?

Discus and support Why are Microsoft Edge PDFs opening the browser home page instead of the PDF document? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When opening some! Microsoft Edge PDF documents, instead of opening the document I am being redirected to the browser home page. This doesn't happen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Amy H1, Sep 17, 2024 at 4:12 AM.

1. Amy H1 Win User

Why are Microsoft Edge PDFs opening the browser home page instead of the PDF document?

When opening some! Microsoft Edge PDF documents, instead of opening the document I am being redirected to the browser home page. This doesn't happen with all documents but happens with lots, and seems to be only within the last week. I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

:)

2. Microsoft Edge Browser error for PDF documents

If you need to save the PDF files from a browser, we suggest downloading other browser from the Store.
    You can follow the steps below to download and open PDF files:

1. Download and install the UC browser and
      Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    2. Once installed, open UC browser and then visit the website from where you will download the PDF file.
      Tap the PDF file you wish to download > Click Regular Download.
    3. If PDF file was downloaded, go to App list >
      Xodo application > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Take note that you should uninstall any PDF reader applications installed on your phone.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

3482be97-15ec-4271-be40-2f9a31b21207, Sep 17, 2024 at 4:18 AM
  3. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

Hi, my name is Kelly, and I'm an independent consultant and I'm here to help.

To make sure that PDF files always open in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of the browser, you can try the following steps:

Open Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Go to Edit > Preferences.

In the Categories section on the left, select "General".

Under "Basic Tools", click on "Select Default PDF Handler".

Select "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" from the list and click "Apply".

If the above steps don't work, you can try the following:

Right-click on a PDF file in Windows Explorer.

Select "Open With" and then "Choose another app".

Select "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" from the list and check the box that says "Always use this app to open .pdf files".

Click "OK".

If the issue persists, you may want to check your browser settings to make sure that it is not set to open PDF files in the browser by default. Here's how to do it for some common browsers:

Microsoft Edge:

Open Edge and click on the three dots in the upper right corner.

Select "Settings" and then "Cookies and site permissions".

Scroll down to "PDF documents" and toggle off the switch.

Google Chrome:

Open Chrome and type "chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments" into the address bar.

Toggle off "Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome".

Mozilla Firefox:

Open Firefox and type "aboutWhy are Microsoft Edge PDFs opening the browser home page instead of the PDF document? :preferences" into the address bar.

Click on "Applications" in the left-hand menu.

Scroll down to "Portable Document Format (PDF)" and select "Use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (in Firefox)" from the dropdown.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

kelly Lopes1, Sep 17, 2024 at 4:18 AM
  4. joeyoung2 Win User

Why are Microsoft Edge PDFs opening the browser home page instead of the PDF document?

PDF viewing in edge

Hi,

I have a query regarding viewing PDFs with hyperlinks in the Microsoft Edge web browser.

I have a PDF which is a price list, the front page has hyperlinks to the rest of the document to help customers find the price of the product they are looking for.

When the PDF is open in non-Microsoft Edge browsers, the hyperlinks will open with the product at the top of the page which is what I want.

With Microsoft Edge, when a PDF is clicked it opens the page the product is on but does not position the product at the top of the page.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Thema:

1. Why are Microsoft Edge PDFs opening the browser home page instead of the PDF document? - Similar Threads - Why are Microsoft

2. Why are Microsoft Edge PDFs opening the browser home page instead of the PDF document?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are Microsoft Edge PDFs opening the browser home page instead of the PDF document?: When opening some! Microsoft Edge PDF documents, instead of opening the document I am being redirected to the browser home page. This doesn't happen with all documents but happens with lots, and seems to be only within the last week. I'm using Windows 10 Pro....
  3. Why are Microsoft Edge PDFs opening the browser home page instead of the PDF document?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are Microsoft Edge PDFs opening the browser home page instead of the PDF document?: When opening some! Microsoft Edge PDF documents, instead of opening the document I am being redirected to the browser home page. This doesn't happen with all documents but happens with lots, and seems to be only within the last week. I'm using Windows 10 Pro....
  4. Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.: Whenever I try to open any pdf from my computernot the web in a browser, be it edge, edge dev or chrome it starts downloading pdf again and saves it in downloads folder. When I would open it again it would start downloading again and overwrite the previously downloaded...
  5. How to Highlight Text in PDF documents in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to Highlight Text in PDF documents in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Besides many good features, Microsoft Edge is also a handy PDF reader. Apart from viewing a PDF file, it provides some good tools to use […] This article How to Highlight Text in PDF documents in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Edge opens with previous page instead of start page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens with previous page instead of start page: Randomly, not all the time, after a reboot (or power off/on) Edge will start with the previously opened page instead of the set "home" (start) page. Is there any way to prevent this? This is what I have set. [img] 114998
  7. Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page: I can't permanently stop Edge from opening the last session when I have set it up to open on a specific page. This only happens the first time it is used after booting the computer. Second and subsequent use of Edge result in it opening on the home page as it should. I have...
  8. Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page: I can't permanently stop Edge from opening the last session when I have set it up to open on a specific page. This only happens the first time it is used after booting the computer. Second and subsequent use of Edge result in it opening on the home page as it should. I have...
  9. Edge Browsers & PDF'S

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browsers & PDF'S: Why is it, when I click to open a PDF from my brokerage account to view a trade confirmation, Edge cannot open the PDF, however, when I switch to IE or Chrome no problem opening the same? Thanks 19348
  10. EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document: Everytime I download a pdf document within the EDGE browser, it's going to open it automatically, and then it shows this error: "Something is missing To view a PDF, you need some media functionality that you don’t currently have. You can install the Media Feature Pack...