Windows 10: Why am I being asked for a Windows password?

Discus and support Why am I being asked for a Windows password? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Recently my laptop had an issue and I had to send it to get repaired. I got it back today and I now i have to sign in to everything again, which isn't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Andrei Toader, May 27, 2024.

1. Why am I being asked for a Windows password?

Recently my laptop had an issue and I had to send it to get repaired. I got it back today and I now i have to sign in to everything again, which isn't a problem. However I am not logged into my windows account which means I had to log back in. So to do this I went into settings and sign in, which went ok. It asked me for my email and google password which went really smooth. Then it asked for the windows password. I don't have one since I'm not even logged into it yet, so I then tried to use the one before the issue which didn't work. I then got told to contact my administrator? Bear in mind I

:)

Andrei Toader, May 27, 2024
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 27, 2024
  3. Try3 Win User
    Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

4. P4-630 Win User

Why am I being asked for a Windows password?

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 27, 2024
Thema:

Why am I being asked for a Windows password?

1. Why am I being asked for a Windows password? - Similar Threads - Why being asked

2. Why am I being asked for a Windows password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being asked for a Windows password?: Recently my laptop had an issue and I had to send it to get repaired. I got it back today and I now i have to sign in to everything again, which isn't a problem. However I am not logged into my windows account which means I had to log back in. So to do this I went into...
  3. Why am I being asked for a Windows password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I being asked for a Windows password?: Recently my laptop had an issue and I had to send it to get repaired. I got it back today and I now i have to sign in to everything again, which isn't a problem. However I am not logged into my windows account which means I had to log back in. So to do this I went into...
  4. Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?: Network connections used to work smoothly but after I was forced to do a factory reset I am now asked for network credentials in order to see shares from other Windows 11 computers on my local private network. How do I fix this?...
  5. Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?

Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?: Network connections used to work smoothly but after I was forced to do a factory reset I am now asked for network credentials in order to see shares from other Windows 11 computers on my local private network. How do I fix this?...
  6. Why I am being asked to uninstall virtualbox LD Player that is not installed?

Why I am being asked to uninstall virtualbox LD Player that is not installed?: While trying to install a Windows 10 update, I am being asked to manually uninstall virtualbox LD Player because it is not compatible with Windows 10.This app is not installed on my device.Thank you,Osama...
  7. Why am I being asked to "Enter Network Credentials"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I being asked to "Enter Network Credentials"?: I have an older Windows Home Network v1 computer that I use a lot for network storage. Lately, when I want to access a share on that machine, I get the pop up window that asks me to "Enter Network Credentials." I enter them, and it's fine. But why do I have to do this at all?...
  8. I am being asked to enter “power-on password”

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am being asked to enter “power-on password”: Greetings! I am in need of help! I bought a HP All-In-One Desktop from WalMart a year ago and I barely use this computer. I turned it on recently and it is asking me to enter a “power-on password”, mind you, the only password I ever created was the one for my profile. Can...
  9. Why am I being asked for permission to use Windows Shell Experience?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why am I being asked for permission to use Windows Shell Experience?: I am the only user of my laptop (I am an administrator and an adult) and I am being told I need to ask an adult in my family for permission to use Windows Shell Experience .......... WHY!?...
  10. Why am I not being asked for a password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why am I not being asked for a password?: uSW10Pro V1803 In the dialog "User Accounts" (via netplwiz.exe), the cbox "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." is checked. The box has a single admin user, me. If I logout (even shutdown) and later attempt access, I am not required to use a...