Windows 10: Who does microsoft think they are?

Discus and support Who does microsoft think they are? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Goofballd0nm3ga, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Who does microsoft think they are?

I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ARE WRONG ON THIS SITE. If you comment with a link to this **** of a site that is microsoft.com i hope you receive a horrid death.

:)

Goofballd0nm3ga, Jan 31, 2024
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Who does microsoft think they are? 37693d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-1.png
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

• Who does microsoft think they are? 37694d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-2.png
    3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    • Who does microsoft think they are? 37695d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-3.png
    4. Click OK.
    • Who does microsoft think they are? 37696d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-4.png
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 31, 2024
  4. 3Colors Win User

Who does microsoft think they are?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Who does microsoft think they are? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 31, 2024
Thema:

Who does microsoft think they are?

1. Who does microsoft think they are? - Similar Threads - does microsoft are

2. Who does microsoft think they are?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Who does microsoft think they are?: I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ARE WRONG ON THIS SITE. If you comment with a link to this **** of a site that is microsoft.com i hope you receive a...
  3. Who does microsoft think they are?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who does microsoft think they are?: I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ARE WRONG ON THIS SITE. If you comment with a link to this **** of a site that is microsoft.com i hope you receive a...
  4. Why does Microsoft think I am offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft think I am offline: So obviously I am connected to the internet but Winbdows 10 thinks that I am offline with that little disconnected globe icon in the taskbar so therefore my onedrive and other office apps think I am offline. I have no clue why it thinks that I am offline but I at least get a...
  5. Why does Microsoft think I am offline

Why does Microsoft think I am offline: So obviously I am connected to the internet but Winbdows 10 thinks that I am offline with that little disconnected globe icon in the taskbar so therefore my onedrive and other office apps think I am offline. I have no clue why it thinks that I am offline but I at least get a...
  6. who is founder of microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    who is founder of microsoft: ans:?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-is-founder-of-microsoft/8fab819d-2415-4787-b888-d0f50a1910f2
  7. who is founder of microsoft

who is founder of microsoft: ans:?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-is-founder-of-microsoft/8fab819d-2415-4787-b888-d0f50a1910f2
  8. Does Microsoft think that this desktop PC is an Xbox?

Does Microsoft think that this desktop PC is an Xbox?: Why did I get this update last month? 9NBLGGH537C2-Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay Does Microsoft think that this desktop PC is an Xbox? 112593
  9. why does microsoft think I want everything they think I want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does microsoft think I want everything they think I want: I only play spider solitaire 2 suits random and have for a long time, I always play as guest because I do not need an xbox or the stupid name I was given by Microsoft. Yesterday Microsoft discovered data from windows 8 cloud and downloaded it, I didn't want it and now I only...
  10. Microsoft's 2015 reorg: Who's in, who's out

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's 2015 reorg: Who's in, who's out: Microsoft's fiscal 2015 is winding down, which means, as usual, it's time for another company reorg. CEO Satya Nadella notified company employees of the newest tweaks to the corporate structure via a June 17 memo (which Microsoft has posted on its Web site). A number of...