Windows 10: Who deleted my apps and shortcuts, wasn't me.

Discus and support Who deleted my apps and shortcuts, wasn't me. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have and use several PC's daily. A desktop and a laptop at work, 3 laptops for different purposes and a desktop at home. I use them all for different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jason Jenneke, Jun 1, 2024.

1. Who deleted my apps and shortcuts, wasn't me.

I have and use several PC's daily. A desktop and a laptop at work, 3 laptops for different purposes and a desktop at home. I use them all for different reasons everyday, At work, it's a desktop setup as a server and a laptop workstation situation. All that works fine with my office apps and such.However, at home I use my desktop older win 10 for audio recording and video editing. It has tons of memory and HDD space, I backup user data often etc. The newest laptop I've purchased is awesome; has a bunch of memory and works fantastically for audio recording as well. Untill...One day toda

:)

Jason Jenneke, Jun 1, 2024

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 1, 2024
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jun 1, 2024
  4. n2ubp Win User

Who deleted my apps and shortcuts, wasn't me.

Desktop HTML shortcuts being listed in Apps under settings?

A friends Win 10 installation is listing Desktop HTML shortcuts under Apps in the Setting App listing. Seems to have happened after he downloaded and installed a program in support of some two way radio equipment. System Restore does not correct the problem. Suggestions appreciated.

n2ubp, Jun 1, 2024
Thema:

Who deleted my apps and shortcuts, wasn't me.

1. Who deleted my apps and shortcuts, wasn't me. - Similar Threads - deleted apps shortcuts

2. Who deleted my apps and shortcuts, wasn't me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Who deleted my apps and shortcuts, wasn't me.: I have and use several PC's daily. A desktop and a laptop at work, 3 laptops for different purposes and a desktop at home. I use them all for different reasons everyday, At work, it's a desktop setup as a server and a laptop workstation situation. All that works fine with my...
  3. Who deleted my apps and shortcuts, wasn't me.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Who deleted my apps and shortcuts, wasn't me.: I have and use several PC's daily. A desktop and a laptop at work, 3 laptops for different purposes and a desktop at home. I use them all for different reasons everyday, At work, it's a desktop setup as a server and a laptop workstation situation. All that works fine with my...
  4. A shortcut will not delete

A shortcut will not delete: Hi, I downloaded Roblox on my windows 10 and deleted it, but it shows Roblox Player and Roblox Studio on my desktop. When I right-clicked it to delete it, it said the shortcut was not located on my desktop, although I saw it there. Please contact me ASAP about a resolution to...
  5. Deleting A Shortcut

Deleting A Shortcut: Hi I have a shortcut that I want to delete I deleted the app and now I can not delete the shortcut. Also I Have Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-shortcut/4d10d793-84f2-4837-a5ba-bd18921c8a3d
  6. Deleting a Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a Shortcut: I am trying to delete a shortcut on my desktop and I keep getting the following error ... Could not find this item This is no longer located C:\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Verify the item's location and try again. Can someone please help me to delete this shortcut. Thanks...
  7. Minecraft Code Claimed But Wasn't Me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Code Claimed But Wasn't Me: Does the code immediately attach to the Microsoft account connected to the minecraft account? If not I was wondering if I could get a check on what account redeemed the code because I was going to claim it today. When I tried to claim it, it said that it was already claimed....
  8. Minecraft Code Claimed But Wasn't Me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Minecraft Code Claimed But Wasn't Me: Does the code immediately attach to the Microsoft account connected to the minecraft account? If not I was wondering if I could get a check on what account redeemed the code because I was going to claim it today. When I tried to claim it, it said that it was already claimed....
  9. Delete app shortcut on Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete app shortcut on Settings: Hi, I downloaded some Chinese software before and it automatically installed some video apps that I didn't want. After I deleted them, I found out that their shortcut still appear in the "Setting -> Apps & Features" section. Screenshot below. Can someone please tell me...
  10. Who owns my computer, you or me?

Who owns my computer, you or me?: Today my default video player was changed from VLC Player to the Windows Media Player. I neither asked for, nor was asked about the change. When I tried to make VLC player again my choice the only option offered was to download a new, lesser quality app store version. This...