Windows 10: Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

Discus and support Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I have changed my Notepad icon. But I can't find the original .ico file for Notepad. And I did the same thing with Paint.So does anyone know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grant High, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

Recently I have changed my Notepad icon. But I can't find the original .ico file for Notepad. And I did the same thing with Paint.So does anyone know where those two .ico files are?If you know the answer, please reply below.Thanks!Grant

:)

Grant High, Aug 11, 2022

2. Why .ICO files blurry when you convert from an image?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to change a picture to.ico format and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Select the image\picture you want to convert into .ico.
    • Now resize the image to 32x32 using Paint or Photo Gallery.
    • Save the file and just rename it to with an .ico extension and also select 24bit bitmap.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

1. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Where Notepad ico

2. Where is Microsoft Notepads autosave files located at?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is Microsoft Notepads autosave files located at?: I recently reinstalled windows to fix issues but forgot to save some notes due to the Autosave function and hadn't thought about my notes. Im using disk drill but cannot figure out where the autosave files are located and even if i get those autosave files how do i use them?...
  3. Where is Paint and Notepad for Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is Paint and Notepad for Window 10: I need to reload Notepad and Paint for Windows 10 but see only Windows 11 in the Microsoft Store. Where can I find these downloads? I have an HP Stream with 32meg storage so whenever a new full update to Windows 10 needs to be downloaded, I have to uninstall all the...
  4. Where is Paint and Notepad for Window 10

Where is Paint and Notepad for Window 10: I need to reload Notepad and Paint for Windows 10 but see only Windows 11 in the Microsoft Store. Where can I find these downloads? I have an HP Stream with 32meg storage so whenever a new full update to Windows 10 needs to be downloaded, I have to uninstall all the...
  5. Where are my notepad files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my notepad files?: my win 10 laptop died. Got a new one with Win 11 - - good complete copy of HD, but don't know how to fine ALL my notebook files and restore them to the WIN 11 notepad....
  6. Where are my notepad files?

Where are my notepad files?: my win 10 laptop died. Got a new one with Win 11 - - good complete copy of HD, but don't know how to fine ALL my notebook files and restore them to the WIN 11 notepad....
  7. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?: Recently I have changed my Notepad icon. But I can't find the original .ico file for Notepad. And I did the same thing with Paint.So does anyone know where those two .ico files are?If you know the answer, please reply below.Thanks!Grant...
  8. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?: Recently I have changed my Notepad icon. But I can't find the original .ico file for Notepad. And I did the same thing with Paint.So does anyone know where those two .ico files are?If you know the answer, please reply below.Thanks!Grant...
  9. Can't download an ICO file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't download an ICO file in Windows 10: I can't download an ICO file that was converted from a JNG file on Windows 10. I am wanting to customize my desktop icons. ex. YAHOO logo. I could do it on my other Windows 10 computer, but not my new one. I get a message that says, "This file does not have an app...
  10. Where is this .ico located?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is this .ico located?: Windows 10 - 1903 [img] The icon on the far left is the one in cannot find. I can only browse to the one on the far right when I choose "Change Icon" in properties for my shortcut. 146467