Windows 10: Where is Paint and Notepad for Window 10

Discus and support Where is Paint and Notepad for Window 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to reload Notepad and Paint for Windows 10 but see only Windows 11 in the Microsoft Store. Where can I find these downloads? I have an HP Stream... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anson C, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Anson C Win User

Where is Paint and Notepad for Window 10

I need to reload Notepad and Paint for Windows 10 but see only Windows 11 in the Microsoft Store. Where can I find these downloads? I have an HP Stream with 32meg storage so whenever a new full update to Windows 10 needs to be downloaded, I have to uninstall all the application just to get enough room for the update. On the latest update, I had to remove everything including the Paint and Notepad executable to get the few extra bytes of storage. Now I would like to get them back. Thanks.

:)

Anson C, Mar 5, 2023

2. paint and notepad error

If the issue is only with Paint and Notepad apps, you can switch to the classic version of those apps for the time being.

1. Open Settings → Apps.
    2. Expand “More settings” and click “App execution aliases.”
    3. Disable the “Notepad” alias by turning off the radio button.
    (Ref: Restore the Old Notepad in Windows 11)

Similarly, the classic Paint can be restored from the Windows 10 ISO.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 5, 2023
  3. John DeV Win User
    Wordpad, paint, notepad not working

Hello vijaydesai741,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with notepad, wordpad and paint not working. What is your current Windows edition and version? Press Start then search Settings,
    select System then About.

Please try to reinstall Paint, Wordpad and Notepad if it helps.

Press Start then search Manage optional features

Find Notepad on the list then click Uninstall

Restart your PC

After that, Press Start then search then search Manage optional features

Click Add a feature

Select Notepad then Install

Please try to open Notepad

Do the same for Microsoft Paint and Wordpad

Please try to check Wordpad on this location

C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Mar 5, 2023
  4. NoeMasaka Win User

Notepad and Paint

In which folder can desktop applications such as Notepad and Paint be found in Windows 10?

[Moved from:Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop]

[Modified title from: just a question]

NoeMasaka, Mar 5, 2023
Thema:

1. Where is Paint and Notepad for Window 10 - Similar Threads - Where Paint Notepad

2. Unable to open Notepad or MS Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Notepad or MS Paint: I have a desktop PC with Windows 10. I use both Notepad and MS Paint frequently and they both recently stopped opening. Clicking the taskbar shortcuts to open them doesn't cause them to open; the mouse switches to the "loading" throbber, but reverts back after about a second...
  3. Where is Paint and Notepad for Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is Paint and Notepad for Window 10: I need to reload Notepad and Paint for Windows 10 but see only Windows 11 in the Microsoft Store. Where can I find these downloads? I have an HP Stream with 32meg storage so whenever a new full update to Windows 10 needs to be downloaded, I have to uninstall all the...
  4. paint and notepad error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    paint and notepad error: i have tried to reset and reinstall the application but it doen't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-and-notepad-error/8a7f0ba5-d60d-477d-a303-5d73babdce7b
  5. paint and notepad error

paint and notepad error: i have tried to reset and reinstall the application but it doen't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-and-notepad-error/8a7f0ba5-d60d-477d-a303-5d73babdce7b
  6. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?: Recently I have changed my Notepad icon. But I can't find the original .ico file for Notepad. And I did the same thing with Paint.So does anyone know where those two .ico files are?If you know the answer, please reply below.Thanks!Grant...
  7. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?: Recently I have changed my Notepad icon. But I can't find the original .ico file for Notepad. And I did the same thing with Paint.So does anyone know where those two .ico files are?If you know the answer, please reply below.Thanks!Grant...
  8. Where is the Notepad .ico file in Windows 10?

9. Wordpad, paint, notepad not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wordpad, paint, notepad not working: After system repair, wordpad & paint not getting open. Message is appearing as "unable to create new document". Notepad not even responding at all. Someone has given soluation that Wordpad.exe file should be at correct location. But i am not able to find out that file also....
  10. Where is Paint now?

Where is Paint now?: Hello, Still getting used to the changes from Windows 7. Why has Paint been removed from my apps list? I have it on my computer but the only way to find it is to search for it. I simply want it either in my Apps or on my desktop. Thanks! 28716