Windows 10: Whenever something pops up that says "Allow this program to make changes to your device"...

Discus and support Whenever something pops up that says "Allow this program to make changes to your device"... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had this specific problem for years. I have quite literally tried everything I've been told. Absolutely nothing works and in the end that same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Minerva Marcolin, May 31, 2023.

1. Whenever something pops up that says "Allow this program to make changes to your device"...

I've had this specific problem for years. I have quite literally tried everything I've been told. Absolutely nothing works and in the end that same thing pops up again. I cannot delete anything on my computer because it pops up and there's no yes option, I cannot run most programs. What am I supposed to do at this point?

:)

Minerva Marcolin, May 31, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 31, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    Block ALL Programs Except Allowed Ones

You can block programs using Windows Defender, for example (ignore the strange title):
    Please Wait... | Cloudflare

E.g.

dalchina, May 31, 2023
  4. Whenever something pops up that says "Allow this program to make changes to your device"...

cannot uninstall a program on windows 10

I followed the steps you indicated, but the program could not be uninstalled.

A pop-up appeared "Do you want to allow this program to make any changes to your PC". I clicked "NO". The uninstall was aborted.

Any other suggestions?

Esther-939, May 31, 2023
Thema:

Whenever something pops up that says "Allow this program to make changes to your device"...

1. Whenever something pops up that says "Allow this program to make changes to your device"... - Similar Threads - Whenever something pops

2. Registry editor pop up on every start Allow app to make change to your device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry editor pop up on every start Allow app to make change to your device: Lately, I have been encountering a pop up from Registry Editor on every start up. Program location: "C:\windows\regedit.exe /S "D:\Programs\FarCry3BloodDragon\Support\inst\add_regs.reg".Strangely, I don't have any FarCry3BloodDragon of other further folders in my Programs...
  3. Registry editor pop up on every start Allow app to make change to your device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry editor pop up on every start Allow app to make change to your device: Lately, I have been encountering a pop up from Registry Editor on every start up. Program location: "C:\windows\regedit.exe /S "D:\Programs\FarCry3BloodDragon\Support\inst\add_regs.reg".Strangely, I don't have any FarCry3BloodDragon of other further folders in my Programs...
  4. Registry editor pop up on every start Allow app to make change to your device

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Whenever something pops up that says "Allow this program to make changes to your device"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever something pops up that says "Allow this program to make changes to your device"...: I've had this specific problem for years. I have quite literally tried everything I've been told. Absolutely nothing works and in the end that same thing pops up again. I cannot delete anything on my computer because it pops up and there's no yes option, I cannot run most...
  6. Whenever something pops up that says "Allow this program to make changes to your device"...

Whenever something pops up that says "Allow this program to make changes to your device"...: I've had this specific problem for years. I have quite literally tried everything I've been told. Absolutely nothing works and in the end that same thing pops up again. I cannot delete anything on my computer because it pops up and there's no yes option, I cannot run most...
  7. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring: whenever i download something new and open it, i get that message and click yes, but when i click yes nothing happens. the message tab disappears and the app doesn't open. can anyone help?...
  8. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring: whenever i download something new and open it, i get that message and click yes, but when i click yes nothing happens. the message tab disappears and the app doesn't open. can anyone help?...
  9. Registry editor pop up on every start Allow app to make change to your device

Registry editor pop up on every start Allow app to make change to your device: Lately, I have been encountering a pop up from Registry Editor on every start up. Program location: "C:/windows\regedit.exe" /s C:/windows\mf.reg I have noticed that if I click on YES, my Task manger get disabled, and If click on NO, nothing happens. But it keeps prompting...
  10. Allow app to make changes to your device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow app to make changes to your device: You know that popup you get when opening an exe file that asks if you want to allow the app to change files (I think it's done to prevent viruses so when you click you know it could change the files), but why some other exe files (like a certain unity game) will not ask that...