Windows 10: Whenever I type the position of my cursor moves

Discus and support Whenever I type the position of my cursor moves in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I used my laptop keyboard, after typing often the position of my cursor will move and I’ll be typing in an other area. I’ve tried loads of things,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rohan Mahtani, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Whenever I type the position of my cursor moves

When I used my laptop keyboard, after typing often the position of my cursor will move and I’ll be typing in an other area. I’ve tried loads of things, but this is a reoccurring problem. The only thing that will stop the issue is when I use an external keyboard, but as a student it’s not practical to be carrying one everywhere. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

Rohan Mahtani, Jul 2, 2023

2. Cursor is moving from the position while typing on Windows 10

This is a ACER Laptop with Intel Core i3. I upgraded it to Windows 10. I use Office 2013.

How should I stop the cursor from jumping back while typing?

Original title: Cursor going back to home position while typing

Ramakrishna Mission Agartala, Jul 2, 2023
  3. Cursor moves but I cannot type!

Hi,

Are you able to enter using the On-screen keyboard? If you haven't tried yet, follow the below steps and check.

• When you're on login screen, click on Ease of Access
      at bottom right and select On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with
      On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
      (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 2, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

Whenever I type the position of my cursor moves

Rename files make cursor position move left instead of to start

What I typically do if manually renaming files is left click, wait, left click. The cursor is then to the right of the last character of the file name.

Whenever I type the position of my cursor moves 268879d1583166334t-rename-files-make-cursor-position-move-left-instead-start-1.png

1 more click to remove the dark blue selection (which indicates what you'll change or move to), and positions the cursor, and left arrow moves 1 char left

dalchina, Jul 2, 2023
Thema:

Whenever I type the position of my cursor moves

1. Whenever I type the position of my cursor moves - Similar Threads - Whenever type position

2. Whenever I type the position of my cursor moves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I type the position of my cursor moves: When I used my laptop keyboard, after typing often the position of my cursor will move and I’ll be typing in an other area. I’ve tried loads of things, but this is a reoccurring problem. The only thing that will stop the issue is when I use an external keyboard, but as a...
  3. Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11: Hello,I have a strange behavior since a month or so, when typing the r&R letter, the typing cursor moves to its left, making it impossible to write when using this laptop. I'm facing this issue only when using external keyboards. Furthermore, I have tried unplugging,...
  4. Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11

Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11: Hello,I have a strange behavior since a month or so, when typing the r&R letter, the typing cursor moves to its left, making it impossible to write when using this laptop. I'm facing this issue only when using external keyboards. Furthermore, I have tried unplugging,...
  5. how can i fix my cursor lock, it moves whenever i play and its not supposed to move

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix my cursor lock, it moves whenever i play and its not supposed to move: for a long time now my cursor lock always unlocks itself and when im playing shooter games im playing then randomly my cursor is flying everywhere over my two monitors, i disconnected my second monitor thinking that was the solution but it still went everywhere on my screen,...
  6. how can i fix my cursor lock, it moves whenever i play and its not supposed to move

how can i fix my cursor lock, it moves whenever i play and its not supposed to move: for a long time now my cursor lock always unlocks itself and when im playing shooter games im playing then randomly my cursor is flying everywhere over my two monitors, i disconnected my second monitor thinking that was the solution but it still went everywhere on my screen,...
  7. Typing and Text Blinking Cursor are Bound to mouse Cursor and moves and will not move when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing and Text Blinking Cursor are Bound to mouse Cursor and moves and will not move when...: Hello Everyone, So this stemmed from another thread but It's it own question. Their's was involving touch screen problems I don't own a touch screen at all, not using any touch screen drivers or monitor to my knowledge. I'm a bit paranoid and I know I can uninstall drivers...
  8. Delay between typing and moving my cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay between typing and moving my cursor: when i stop typing and i want to move my cursor there's a delay and it doesnt mover for 1 second. i have seen the setting to change this once but i cant seem to find it anymore. does anyone know where it is? submitted by /u/BenderWasTaken [link] [comments]...
  9. I can't move my cursor while I'm typing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't move my cursor while I'm typing.: I can't move my cursor while I'm typing. I game on my windows 10 laptop and it is annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-move-my-cursor-while-im-typing/77e37b66-27a9-439b-94bb-58f5c99bc6bc
  10. Moving cursor while typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving cursor while typing: When I am typing, emails, chat msgs, etc and I am careful to avoid the touchpad, my cursor will automatically move back to the front or middle of verbiage I have already typed, and cause over typing. 44976