Windows 10: Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

Discus and support Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bob vos1, Sep 3, 2023.

1. bob vos1 Win User

Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?

:)

bob vos1, Sep 3, 2023

2. second monitor

Hi Pauline,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press
      Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by
    breadbox88 in this
    thread
    and check if it will help you with the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Efraim Gar, Sep 3, 2023
  3. Second Monitor

Hi David,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the
    Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by breadbox88 in this thread and
    check if it will help you with the issue.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Sep 3, 2023
  4. David Haz Win User

Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

windows not recognizing second monitor

Hello,

Windows may not recognize another external display device if the display drivers are outdated, or that the monitor is turned off or not plugged in correctly, etc. For us to isolate the issue in connecting a second monitor in Windows 10, kindly respond to
    the questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to the issue?
    • Did the second monitor work before?
    • Have you tried using the monitor to a different computer?
    • What happens if you disconnect your primary monitor and connect the second monitor to make it the main monitor?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Sep 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was... - Similar Threads - Whenever plug second

2. Second monitor black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor black: Since updating my drivers for my Radeon RX 590, my old dell second monitor is black.When I take out the VGA-cable and Put in back in my screen works for 5 seconds and after that it turns black.I have tried a lot of different solutions, but none worked.Does anyone have a idea...
  3. Second monitor black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor black: Since updating my drivers for my Radeon RX 590, my old dell second monitor is black.When I take out the VGA-cable and Put in back in my screen works for 5 seconds and after that it turns black.I have tried a lot of different solutions, but none worked.Does anyone have a idea...
  4. Second monitor black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  6. Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...: i dont waht really going on. when my second montiro turn off and didnt connect to power source . my leptop detected the second monitor [ATTACH] but the name Generic PnP Monitor not the monitor type. and then i plug the monitor to power resource, the windows wont recognize...
  7. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  8. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.: I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem...
  9. Monitor going black for few seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...
  10. Monitor going black for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...