Windows 10: when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong.

Discus and support when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; when signing in with my microsoft PIN i am easily able to log in to my computer with it, however, as soon as i try to sign in to anything else, it says... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ReeceLund, Dec 14, 2021.

1. ReeceLund Win User

when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong.

when signing in with my microsoft PIN i am easily able to log in to my computer with it, however, as soon as i try to sign in to anything else, it says that my pin is wrong no matter what. i have changed it a few times, reset it, removed windows hello PIN and restarted my computer and then re-made my pin but it still won't work and says that the PIN is wrong.

:)

ReeceLund, Dec 14, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Dec 14, 2021
  3. Account Pin -not sign in pin

Thank you for the clarification, Marcos. Please provide more information by answering the following:

• May I know if your child has his own Microsoft account?
    • Is he using his own Microsoft account to log in to the PC (PC where you want to install the game - let's name it PC 2) or is he using a local account?
    • Is it a standard user account or an account with admin rights?
    • If your child does not have a Microsoft account, whose account is logged in to PC 2? Is it your own Microsoft account?
    • Which Windows edition is it? Is it Windows Home or Pro?

Sorry about the list of questions. However, knowing these details will help us figure this out.

Please note that the Windows Store Licensing Model allows you to install apps across a number of devices and users. Windows 10 Store apps will be limited to 10 device installs using the same Microsoft account. However, before you can actually share
    your apps, there are a few things you need to do first.

If you are logged in to PC 2 using your own Microsoft account and not a local account, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set up for PC 2.

when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong. 7dbfca3a-95bc-40bd-b086-3f972996a27c?upload=true.png

You mentioned that you have created a PIN but it's not helping. Are you getting an error when entering the PIN? If so, can you send a screenshot of the error? If you are certain that you're using the correct PIN, I suggest deleting
    everything within the NGC folder and try to add a new PIN. Deleting this folder often resolves PIN issues in Windows 10. Please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and browse to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    2. Delete everything within that folder. To do so, you must be logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    4. Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN for your account.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Aileen Alf, Dec 14, 2021
  4. when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong.

PIN sign in for Microsoft Account

I am using the Microsoft account page under family members. In this section where it shows my Grand Daughters Account details there is no option to have a Pin Code, However on my page, as Administrator, I can create a Pin.

IreneHeald, Dec 14, 2021
Thema:

when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong.

1. when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong. - Similar Threads - signing microsoft account

2. signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?: Hi, I bought a new laptop. When I want to turn it on, it always ask me to enter my Microsoft account number and I have to connect to a WIFI and enter my account detail. I don't want it every time and also I do not want to connect to the internet every time. How can I solve...
  3. signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?: Hi, I bought a new laptop. When I want to turn it on, it always ask me to enter my Microsoft account number and I have to connect to a WIFI and enter my account detail. I don't want it every time and also I do not want to connect to the internet every time. How can I solve...
  4. Microsoft account sign in does not recognize my pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account sign in does not recognize my pin: On my Dell laptop, all of a sudden the sign in to my computer which is essentially my Microsoft account does not recognize my pin. Even when I use the Authenticator App on my phone, the sign in does not accept the code from the Authenticator App....
  5. Computer screen went black, signed me out of my microsoft account and pin was wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen went black, signed me out of my microsoft account and pin was wrong: I was using my laptop doing basic web browsing watching some twitch streams and suddenly my screen went black and the power icon began to flash orange for a few seconds. The computer then landed on the login screen for my laptop and asked for my pin. When I entered it I got...
  6. Computer screen went black, signed me out of my microsoft account and pin was wrong

Computer screen went black, signed me out of my microsoft account and pin was wrong: I was using my laptop doing basic web browsing watching some twitch streams and suddenly my screen went black and the power icon began to flash orange for a few seconds. The computer then landed on the login screen for my laptop and asked for my pin. When I entered it I got...
  7. when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong.: when signing in with my microsoft PIN i am easily able to log in to my computer with it, however, as soon as i try to sign in to anything else, it says that my pin is wrong no matter what. i have changed it a few times, reset it, removed windows hello PIN and restarted my...
  8. when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong.

when signing in to my microsoft account, the PIN is always wrong.: when signing in with my microsoft PIN i am easily able to log in to my computer with it, however, as soon as i try to sign in to anything else, it says that my pin is wrong no matter what. i have changed it a few times, reset it, removed windows hello PIN and restarted my...
  9. signed in with wrong account

in Windows 10 Customization
    signed in with wrong account: i have been signed in with a hotmail account and i have a gmail account so therefore i can not access any of my other user accounts how do i get out of hot mail and back into gmail T V M Allan...
  10. Wrong account name when signing in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong account name when signing in: I get the problems with your account notice. I click to signin. It shows a signin name that is not my current one it displays an old one and asks for a password. The password for my current account does not work, and rejects it. But I can't find a way to change the signin...