Windows 10: When shutting down windows says someone else is using it quite often

Discus and support When shutting down windows says someone else is using it quite often in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When shutting down windows says someone else is using it quite often It’s been happening for months. I recently had some damage, which I’m fixing using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimS0313, Oct 18, 2024 at 10:12 AM.

1. JimS0313 Win User

When shutting down windows says someone else is using it quite often

When shutting down windows says someone else is using it quite often It’s been happening for months. I recently had some damage, which I’m fixing using searches. Thats not what this is about. How do I prevent someone from accessing my system? I have zone alarm and protonvpn. Should I contact one of them?

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 18, 2024 at 10:46 AM
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

4. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Thema:

1. When shutting down windows says someone else is using it quite often - Similar Threads - shutting down says

2. When shutting down windows says someone else is using it quite often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When shutting down windows says someone else is using it quite often: When shutting down windows says someone else is using it quite often It’s been happening for months. I recently had some damage, which I’m fixing using searches. Thats not what this is about. How do I prevent someone from accessing my system? I have zone alarm and protonvpn....
  3. When shutting down windows says someone else is using it quite often

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When shutting down windows says someone else is using it quite often: When shutting down windows says someone else is using it quite often It’s been happening for months. I recently had some damage, which I’m fixing using searches. Thats not what this is about. How do I prevent someone from accessing my system? I have zone alarm and protonvpn....
  4. Windows crashes quite often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes quite often: Please help me out here, thanks!Here's some information:Laptop: ROG Strix GL502From Event Viewer, The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000010e 0x0000000000000037, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in:...
  5. Windows crashes quite often

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows crashes quite often: Please help me out here, thanks!Here's some information:Laptop: ROG Strix GL502From Event Viewer, The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000010e 0x0000000000000037, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in:...
  6. Computer is shutting down often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is shutting down often: Hi AllI have a problem that started to appear lately and I cannot recall doing any changes that would be related to its appearance. It could be a HW issue since the computer is a bit old but well maintained :Issue: Computer automatically reboots after blue screen, indicating...
  7. This happens quite often

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This happens quite often: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zosumx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltx5g7/this_happens_quite_often/
  8. Windows 10: Someone else is still using this pc. If you shut down now, they could lose...

Windows 10: Someone else is still using this pc. If you shut down now, they could lose...: I have seen the subject question being posted before. However, there is no solution, the message still appears in my computer. I have spent incredible amounts of time trying to fix this BUG from Windows 10. Why is not MS taking care of this and just getting rid of the BUG?...
  9. Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down

Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down: I think windows update configuration is required to be changed. In windows 10 go system and security then windows update .on this page you will find methods of windows update. If you have checked mark " download update from other pc on my private betwork and from other...
  10. Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down

Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down: Hi, I have recently been getting the following message when I try and shut down my Toshiba Laptop: "Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, you could lose unsaved work" This has been happening for the past few weeks. As such, I have not shut down my...