Windows 10: When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...

Discus and support When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheMansman, Apr 7, 2024.

1. When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...

This is the screen

:)

TheMansman, Apr 7, 2024
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and... :)

Naki, Apr 7, 2024
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 7, 2024
  4. Jan Del Win User

When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...

Screen stays on

Hi Scott,

Enable for you PC screen to stay on, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware and Sound option.
    • Click Change when the computer sleep option under Power Options.
    • Set up your desire settings for Turn off the display and
      Put the computer to sleep
      option.
    • Click Save Changes.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 7, 2024
Thema:

When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...

1. When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and... - Similar Threads - update W11 activate

2. When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...: This is the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-update-to-w11-and-activate-the-secure-boot/cab4c3b1-5f32-4023-9383-d86619931229
  3. No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot: Previously there is one thing I want to make sure of, is enabling Secure Boot a good thing? Should I?- I managed to enable Secure Boot via MSI Bios by enabling the windows 8/10 feature but after that when I turn on my pc there is no more option to enter Bios there's no f12 or...
  4. No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot: Previously there is one thing I want to make sure of, is enabling Secure Boot a good thing? Should I?- I managed to enable Secure Boot via MSI Bios by enabling the windows 8/10 feature but after that when I turn on my pc there is no more option to enter Bios there's no f12 or...
  5. No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Secure Boot not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot not activated: HiI have windows 11 on my system and I wanted to run a game and it said in needed secure boot and tpm 2.0 on.So i checked "tpm.msc" and it said the tpm 2.0 is ready to use , I also ran the "get-tpm" on powershell and it said it is enabled . But about secure boot , I run the...
  7. Secure Boot not activated

Secure Boot not activated: HiI have windows 11 on my system and I wanted to run a game and it said in needed secure boot and tpm 2.0 on.So i checked "tpm.msc" and it said the tpm 2.0 is ready to use , I also ran the "get-tpm" on powershell and it said it is enabled . But about secure boot , I run the...
  8. Secure Boot Enabling W10 UEFI; for W11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure Boot Enabling W10 UEFI; for W11: Please help me.I using W10 on UEFI/GPT. But SecureBootState is Off.What have i done: 1 in ASUS UEFI i selected Windows UEFI Mode instead of Other OS and broke boot process - Windows Boot Manager invoked repair procedure.2 I turned off driver signature enforcement F7 keyword...
  9. Secure Boot Enabling for W11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure Boot Enabling for W11: Please help me.I using W10 on UEFI/GPT. But SecureBootState is Off.What have i done: 1 in ASUS UEFI i selected Windows UEFI Mode instead of Other OS and broke boot process - Windows Boot Manager invoked repair procedure.2 I turned off driver signature enforcement F7 keyword...
  10. The screen on my laptop times out very quickly. I would like it to stay active for at...

The screen on my laptop times out very quickly. I would like it to stay active for at...: my computer screen times out after about 30 seconds of inactivity, and have to log in. want screen to be up 30 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screen-on-my-laptop-times-out-very-quickly-i/080de4c6-051c-4dad-a596-7190c6e91654