Windows 10: When I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default

Discus and support When I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Somehow when I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default all the icons ,walpapers ,,shortcuts were turned back to default. Luckily my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Piyush_362, Jan 8, 2024.

1. When I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default

Somehow when I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default all the icons ,walpapers ,,shortcuts were turned back to default. Luckily my files were still there in 'local disk c' so I thought about restarting my PC and that it would solve the problem and I restarted it. But it is stuck and keeps saying 'Getting windows ready,Don't turn of your computer'. What should I do to get my PC back to normal with my accounts ?

:)

Piyush_362, Jan 8, 2024

2. text doesn't appear or turns black

Hi Miya,

Changing themes in Windows 10 makes the user comfortable with their viewing and makes their PC looks great. If you have changed the graphic interface on your computer which makes the color mixed up and the combination is not good for viewing, we suggest
    that you return your themes to default. To change your themes to default, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    • Type Change the theme, then click it to open Personalization
      settings.
    • Under Windows Default Themes. Double-click Windows 10 to apply it.
    In addition, you can download other themes in this
    link
    to customize your desktop computer again.

Let us know if you can successfully change your theme and the interface of your computer returns to normal.

Johann Eva, Jan 8, 2024
  3. Can't change default program to open files.

Hi,

I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight.

I already tried:

• right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you double click a dwg file.
    • settings > apps > default apps > choose default apps by file type. This also does not change the default method to Draftsight.

When I type assoc .dwg in command prompt, it shows ".dwg=DraftSight.Drawing"

I see some suggestions to try using the old interface through control panel, but it seems like control panel routes to the new interface.

I also tried changing the association for .txt files from notepad to notepad++ and it doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

petersteele, Jan 8, 2024
  4. When I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 8, 2024
Thema:

When I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default

1. When I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default - Similar Threads - turned user interface

2. When I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default: Somehow when I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default all the icons ,walpapers ,,shortcuts were turned back to default. Luckily my files were still there in 'local disk c' so I thought about restarting my PC and that it would solve the problem and I...
  3. When I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default: Somehow when I turned my PC on my user interface was changed into default all the icons ,walpapers ,,shortcuts were turned back to default. Luckily my files were still there in 'local disk c' so I thought about restarting my PC and that it would solve the problem and I...
  4. When I turn on my laptop/PC, no user appears on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I turn on my laptop/PC, no user appears on my laptop: I'm on Windows 11 and the user doesn't appear after turning on the laptop, so I'm just stuck at the beginning and can't fill in the pin, I'm on Windows 11 and the user doesn't appear after turning on the laptop, so I'm just stuck at the beginning and can't fill in the pin,...
  5. When I turn on my laptop/PC, no user appears on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I turn on my laptop/PC, no user appears on my laptop: I'm on Windows 11 and the user doesn't appear after turning on the laptop, so I'm just stuck at the beginning and can't fill in the pin, I'm on Windows 11 and the user doesn't appear after turning on the laptop, so I'm just stuck at the beginning and can't fill in the pin,...
  6. When I turn on my PC, Windows 10 changes my default audio driver to my monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I turn on my PC, Windows 10 changes my default audio driver to my monitor: Every time I turn on my PC, Windows 10 changes my default audio driver to my monitor which is connected by display port and has its own speakers.I've tried disabling the device and so my 'Manage sound devices' page is littered with a long list of my disabled monitor repeated...
  7. How do I change my user's default account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my user's default account.: So when I'm trying to log-in to the new Microsoft Edge it asks for a PIN I haven't set so then I go to settings to change the PIN but its using a different account than the one I want to sign-in to, but, the account is set as a default account so I cant change it and I don't...
  8. My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...: Hi. So a long time ago the default account I was using for this PC for some reason has turned completely black and there was only an error showing on the screen. My brother and I didn't find a solution anywhere for fixing it, So he decided to delete it. Then I started to...
  9. BSOD when I turned on my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when I turned on my PC: I came home from shopping and turned on my custom built desktop PC and it gave me a BSOD. On the screen it said "system thread exception not handled". This only happened once Attachment 42119 System Spec Computer type: PC/DesktopSystem Manufacturer/Model Number:...
  10. Problems When I turn on my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems When I turn on my PC: Hello. Whenever I turn on my PC, there is only a black screen with the mouse cursor. When I restart my PC it works but the date is set to some very random date eg. 1/3/2302. This really confuses me and I have no idea why this is happening. 28853