Windows 10: when i turn on windows it says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" with a red X icon...

Discus and support when i turn on windows it says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" with a red X icon... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have tried everything in these threads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chloe0000, Sep 20, 2024 at 2:12 PM.

1. Chloe0000 Win User

when i turn on windows it says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" with a red X icon...

i have tried everything in these threads [https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-says-theres-no-speakers-or-headphones/a0cfb03a-5780-42c9-9402-69674bf4e63b https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-sound-or-audio-problems-in-windows-73025246-b61c-40fb-671a-2535c7cd56c8] and none of it worksit does work if i first boot into anything that isnt windows and then play some sound, it will not work if i dont play sound, then when i boot back windows it suddenly worksplease help thanks

:)

2. claudsg Win User

No speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 10

Hi, so I ran the find any problem devices and nothing seemed to pop up. When running the audio trouble shooting the problem found was "low audio device volume" and when I hover over audio button with the red cross it says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" when mine are and I got the little pop up window saying that a device had been plugged in. It's not allowing me to turn up the volume either. If I try to play sound rather than it coming out of my pc's speakers or my headphone nothing comes out

3. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 10

Hello @claudsg,

The Red X normally indicates that the sound is muted.

Some other suggestions . . .

> Open the Settings, click System, select Sound, and run the Trouble-Shooter.
    > Check that the speaker jack is correctly plugged into the correct socket of the computer.
    > Check that the speakers are turned on and turned up.

I hope this helps.

4. Hagan Sum Win User

when i turn on windows it says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" with a red X icon...

When I try to plug in my gaming headset, the volume icon has a red "X" and says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in.", How can I solve this?

When I try to plug in my gaming headset into my computer, the volume icon has a red "X" and says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in.", although it was just working hours before? Is this a driver issue?

Thema:

1. when i turn on windows it says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" with a red X icon... - Similar Threads - turn says speakers

2. when i turn on windows it says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" with a red X icon...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i turn on windows it says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" with a red X icon...: i have tried everything in these threads [https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-says-theres-no-speakers-or-headphones/a0cfb03a-5780-42c9-9402-69674bf4e63b...
  3. when i turn on windows it says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" with a red X icon...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i turn on windows it says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" with a red X icon...: i have tried everything in these threads [https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-says-theres-no-speakers-or-headphones/a0cfb03a-5780-42c9-9402-69674bf4e63b...
  4. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  5. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  6. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume: Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole computer. The fix was going to Registry Editor as admin and following this path...
  7. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume: Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole computer. The fix was going to Registry Editor as admin and following this path...
  8. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Red X on speaker icon

Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  10. Red x next to audio icon when I have headphones plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red x next to audio icon when I have headphones plugged in.: whenever I run my mouse over the icon it says No speakers or headphones are plugged in. but I have headphones plugged in. I've tried restarting my computer and that doesn't fix it, I've had this problem for about a week now and didn't have it before....