Windows 10: When i turn on Hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, my wifi on PC is sudently slow.

Discus and support When i turn on Hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, my wifi on PC is sudently slow. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i turn on Hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, my Wi-Fi on PC is suddenly slow.Im not talking about my phone consuming a lot of bandwidth because it could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marius, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Marius Win User

When i turn on Hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, my wifi on PC is sudently slow.

When i turn on Hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, my Wi-Fi on PC is suddenly slow.Im not talking about my phone consuming a lot of bandwidth because it could be disconnected but my Wi-Fi drops from 50-70mbps to 1-5mbps every time i turn on hotspot. And if my wifi speed is 5mbps on PC on phone is 1mpbs. And i can't figure what causes the problem, i ran troubleshooters but it says everything is good...please help, i need to use my phone and my PC, the wifi should be fast on both.

:)

Marius, Jul 2, 2021

2. Error "The wifi network .... didn't respond" when using PC as mobile hotspot

Original title:- Use my PC as a mobile hotspot

When my PC has a cellular data connection, I want to turn it into a mobile hotspot to share my connection with other devices.

To do this I follow these steps.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet
      > Mobile hotspot.

• Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select
      Save.

• Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.
    After that I enter my Password to my nokia lumia 925 phone and try to connect to my new wifi network.

But it says "The wifi network .... didn't respond"

• I enter my password correctly.
    • Turn of my wifi in pc

William A Nadeeshani, Jul 2, 2021
  3. lorraine walsh, Jul 2, 2021
  4. When i turn on Hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, my wifi on PC is sudently slow.

I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share my Internet Connection

I have done steps 1 and 2 (see below) and were carried out successfully. However, cannot carryout steps 3, 4 and 5. cant't seem to find them as indicted in windows 10.

• Step 1: Go To Window icon and Search for “Command Prompt” and run it as administrator.
    • Step 2: Now, to create a Hosted Network and start it, just enter the following two command into Command Prompt and Press Enter:
    • 1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Mashnol key=Mashnol123
    • 2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    • : Now one Hosted Network ( ssid=”Mashnol”) is created.
    • Step 3 For this, Right Click on “WiFi” tray icon on taskbar –> Go To “Open Network and Sharing Centre”. Here you can see “LAN” with your SSID.
    • Step 4: Right Click on the Ethernet/Wireless Internet connection to which you want to make as a WiFi hotspot –> “Properties” –> Under “Sharing” Tab–> Tick Checkbox “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”
      –> Now select “LAN” of your SSID from Drop Down Menu in “Home Networking Connection”.
    • Step 5: Setting part is done. Now you can connect your Mobile or other PC systems with this WiFi hotspot and enjoy Internet connection.

thanks

lifespan1000, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

When i turn on Hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, my wifi on PC is sudently slow.

1. When i turn on Hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, my wifi on PC is sudently slow. - Similar Threads - turn Hotspot wifi

2. Why is my wifi slow on my pc only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my wifi slow on my pc only: My Wi-Fi has been very slow on my pc which results in me not being able to do even basic things such as use google or YouTube. It seems to only be slow on my pc. I ran internet speed tests on other devices connected to the internet and they seem to be normal and up to speed....
  3. Why is my wifi slow on my pc only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my wifi slow on my pc only: My Wi-Fi has been very slow on my pc which results in me not being able to do even basic things such as use google or YouTube. It seems to only be slow on my pc. I ran internet speed tests on other devices connected to the internet and they seem to be normal and up to speed....
  4. Wifi missing when I turn my pc on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi missing when I turn my pc on: When I turn my Pc on, only the 5g wifi of my ethernet show on phones, tv etc, the 2.4 disappear, but when I turn my pc off it came back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-missing-when-i-turn-my-pc-on/cfac89c6-1792-464a-9517-5ce02e7d7cb8
  5. Wifi missing when I turn my pc on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi missing when I turn my pc on: When I turn my Pc on, only the 5g wifi of my ethernet show on phones, tv etc, the 2.4 disappear, but when I turn my pc off it came back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-missing-when-i-turn-my-pc-on/cfac89c6-1792-464a-9517-5ce02e7d7cb8
  6. Wifi missing when I turn my pc on

7. my windows 10 pc won't detect my mobile hotspot wifi

my windows 10 pc won't detect my mobile hotspot wifi: I was in the middle of browsing when then suddenly the connection is lost and now the pc cannot detect the wifi hotspot network from my galaxy s8. - I have tried USB tethering and it works but I prefer it wireless since it drains my battery hard. - I have tried forgetting the...
  8. Turn Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot: I use Xfinity cable connected per my work requirement. When I turn on Mobile hotspot in my settings, I can use Xfinity Wifi all throughout my condo on other devices not connected by cable. I thought this was great. Then I discovered that I could also connect to my hotspot,...
  9. Only my Windows 10 PC is being slow with wifi

Only my Windows 10 PC is being slow with wifi: I just built a pc today at my friends house, it worked perfectly, and i brought it home after testing it out at his house. I brought it back but for some reason, it acts like there's barely any wifi, and i don't know why. It has a wifi card, the antennas are in and facing up,...
  10. I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection: Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share my Internet Connection I have done steps 1 and 2 (see below) and were carried out successfully. However, cannot carryout steps 3, 4 and 5. cant't seem to find them as indicted in windows 10. Step 1: Go To Window icon and Search for...