Windows 10: WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED...

Discus and support WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER, I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAYS FILE ACCESS DENIED. YOU'LL NEED TO PROVIDE ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSION TO MOVE THIS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by edward kazlauckas, Jun 6, 2023.

1. WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED...

WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER, I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAYS FILE ACCESS DENIED. YOU'LL NEED TO PROVIDE ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSION TO MOVE THIS FILE. This incident just started on my computer.

:)

edward kazlauckas, Jun 6, 2023

2. Denied access to files

Nforce2 > nvidia.com. There you find drivers.

As for accessing files, take ownership.

DanTheBanjoman, Jun 6, 2023
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Destination Folder Access Denied

Hi,

There are times that you may run into the issue of being unable to open or access or work with files and folder. The common message that flashes on your computer screen when you try doing so reads: "Access Denied."

This can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership may have changed.
    • You do not have the proper permissions.
    • The file may be encrypted.
    • The file may be in use.
    • The file may be corrupt.
    • The user profile may be corrupt.
    To resolve this issue, the first step is to run CHKDSK. It detects and fix disk corruption. To run CHKDSK, follow these steps:

• Press Win+X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the window that opens enter your CHKDSK command.
    Get back to us to if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Jun 6, 2023
  4. Geethu B Win User

WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED...

Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 6, 2023
Thema:

WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED...

1. WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED... - Similar Threads - TRY MOVE FILE

2. WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED...: WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER, I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAYS FILE ACCESS DENIED. YOU'LL NEED TO PROVIDE ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSION TO MOVE THIS FILE. This incident just started on my computer....
  3. WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER ,I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAIDS FILE ACCESS DENIED...: WHEN I TRY TO MOVE A FILE FROM A FOLDER, I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAYS FILE ACCESS DENIED. YOU'LL NEED TO PROVIDE ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSION TO MOVE THIS FILE. This incident just started on my computer....
  4. Access is Denied when trying to delete, rename, or move folder that shows as "File Folder...

Access is Denied when trying to delete, rename, or move folder that shows as "File Folder...: Hello all, I'm having quite the issue over the last few days. I'm trying to test migration of on-premise storage replication to OneDrive, and while trying to move documents from the network share to my local Documents folder, a folder is giving me problems. Digging deeper,...
  5. Deny Access To Folder and Files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deny Access To Folder and Files: Hi, I want to deny total access to the folder, its subfolders and its contents. There are many files in the folder. But only the folder is processed. What is wrong with this command line? icacls "C:\Users\John\Pictures\Folder" /deny "John":(RX,W) /t /c I even tried :...
  6. Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.

Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.: How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the Administrator but whenever I want to rename, copy or move a file, it asks me for Administrator approval. I'm the sole user of this...
  7. I get an 'Access Denied' message when trying to manage accounts on active directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get an 'Access Denied' message when trying to manage accounts on active directory: Hey I've been getting notifications that there's issues with a work or school account, which I do not have access to and would never need, so I wanted to remove it. When I click manage in the settings the webpage that opens up says access denied. How do I remove all trace...
  8. "Access Denied" message on trying to access network shared folders

"Access Denied" message on trying to access network shared folders: Hello Everyone, Have a situation, would appreciate your valuable support and answer on this. I have a small office environment with a Windows Server 2012 Standard edition in place along with 6 Windows PCs connected to a basic network system, wherein which non of the...
  9. Access denied to folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied to folders and files: Runnin win 10 since 2 weeks. Trying to copy all files from external HD to new second internal HD. some files copied no problem, other files and folders will either not copy (administrator rights) or are outright "access denied". All are films, no programs. I got full...
  10. Why am I getting this message when trying to access a particular file

in Windows 10 Support
    Why am I getting this message when trying to access a particular file: I get this message when trying to access particular folders. Is there a reason for this and can it be overcome. I'll give you a screenshot of what I'm talking about. 54362