Windows 10: When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...

Discus and support When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don’t know what to do I unplugged my pc and restarted it and it’s the same thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChristinaZermeno, Oct 28, 2023.

1. When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...

I don’t know what to do I unplugged my pc and restarted it and it’s the same thing

:)

ChristinaZermeno, Oct 28, 2023
  2. 3mptylord Win User

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, Oct 28, 2023
  3. 3mptylord Win User
    Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

But I'm currently browsing the internet and typing to you.

In fact - I can do virtually everything (League; Steam; Skype; etc) except use any OS feature that requires logging in - e.g. Mail, User Accounts, Shop, etc. Then it says something along the lines of "Cannot use this service without an internet connection - please connect and try again." When I run Network Diagnostics as the prompt recommends - it says I am connected and cannot find a problem.

When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet... 42700d1485958224t-network-settings-says-no-internet-connection-but-weirdconnectivity.png

It doesn't always happen - but it seems to be determined on start-up. If I restart it now it might be working next launch - but 75% of the time it will encounter the same issue. It's been happening for months now but I've sort of gotten used to using my phone to check my emails - but I've now encountered an issue with one of my hard drives being unable to be searched (tried indexing, etc) and the only step I've found that I haven't tried says it could be a corrupted user account - but I cannot update my user account without "connecting to the internet". -_-

The system is up to date. No driver updates available.

3mptylord, Oct 28, 2023
  4. AndreePin Win User

When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...

loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 28, 2023
Thema:

When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...

1. When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet... - Similar Threads - try log says

2. Asking for a pin. I try to enter it but it says it needs the internet. It's connected to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for a pin. I try to enter it but it says it needs the internet. It's connected to...: Bit locker recovery message on 2 month old laptop. Found the key, after MULTIPLE attempts, it went through. Now it's asking for a pin. I try to enter it but it says it needs the internet. It's connected ot the internet!! Soooooo frustrated!...
  3. When I try to log into my microsoft account, it says im not connected to the Internet, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to log into my microsoft account, it says im not connected to the Internet, even...: I just bought minecraft, because there was a 50% sale. but to actually play the game, i need to log in. When i try to log in, it says that im not connected to the Internet. the same is done when i try to log into the microsoft store. It gives a code: 0x800704cf. what do i...
  4. When I try to log into my microsoft account, it says im not connected to the Internet, even...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to log into my microsoft account, it says im not connected to the Internet, even...: I just bought minecraft, because there was a 50% sale. but to actually play the game, i need to log in. When i try to log in, it says that im not connected to the Internet. the same is done when i try to log into the microsoft store. It gives a code: 0x800704cf. what do i...
  5. When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...: I don’t know what to do I unplugged my pc and restarted it and it’s the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-log-in-it-says-i-need-internet-for/7d4762f0-fb0e-44ef-af69-44615ae4b374
  6. My laptop shows a globe that says not connected. When I try to connect to the internet it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop shows a globe that says not connected. When I try to connect to the internet it...: I really need to fix this problem because I need my computer for school. submitted by /u/xiaoyukhei [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhp9hm/my_laptop_shows_a_globe_that_says_not_connected/
  7. When I connect to 5GHz network, it says no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I connect to 5GHz network, it says no internet: I have always been able to connect to the 5GHz network until recently when I realized I've been using the 2.4GHz network and I'm wondering why I am not able to connect to it. It just happened so suddenly....
  8. when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not...: When I try to access my email I receive a message that my device does no support miracast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-connect-to-the-internet-i-receive-a/64ef46e9-9375-46b0-a38c-2cf7283fb53c
  9. When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet.: When I click on events it says Internet connection required but I am connected to the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-events-it-says-internet-connection/88fda32e-769e-48c6-9b8d-4e7949dda64a
  10. PC restarts when I try to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC restarts when I try to connect to the internet: Hello, whenever I try to connect my desktop to my router it just restarts, no error message at all, my pc is wireless, can't try wired at the moment because I don't have a cable long enough....