Windows 10: When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says...

Discus and support When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says the system cannot find the file specified. Also I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by union amv, Apr 29, 2024.

1. union amv Win User

When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says...

When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says the system cannot find the file specified. Also I uninstalled microsoft basic display adapter and realtek high definition audio it shows the same when I try to install both of the drivers.

:)

union amv, Apr 29, 2024
  2. Themurloc Win User

Teredo adapter not listed in "add legacy hardware" menu

I've been having a ton of trouble with the microsoft store today, which I have never had before, and have spent all day trying to fix it. My latest possible theory as to the cause is the Teredo adapter. It doesn't seem to be installed when i look through
    the device manager, and it is not listed in the legacy hardware, as the title suggests. I have already tried showing hidden devices, and when i have searched for others having the same issue, they always ended up finding out that it was there when viewing
    hidden devices.

For me, however, it is still absent.

So if it is not there while viewing hidden devices, and it is also not listed in the add legacy hardware menu, then how the heck can I get Teredo installed? every single guide I can find on how to install teredo says to go through the device manager, but
    it just isn't there for me.

Themurloc, Apr 29, 2024
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    About legacy hardware in windows 10

There's no 'legacy mode' in a BIOS, however there is a legacy BIOS mode in a UEFI. A better name for it is "legacy - that is, BIOS - mode."

If your computer shipped with UEFI/GPT it's probably compatible with Windows 10, but that's not a guarantee. To know
    for sure whether your hardware is compatible with Windows 10, you have to make a list of all the hardware in the computer and then find out whether each component is compatible. You do this by checking with each component's manufacturer.

Here's what you will discover:

If the manufacturer supports a hardware component on Windows 10, that means the manufacturer has written a driver for Windows 10 and tested the component on Windows 10.

If the manufacturer does not support the hardware on Windows 10, that means it's not writing a driver or testing the hardware on Windows 10. However, an earlier driver - say a Windows 8 or Windows 7 driver - may still be
    compatible with Windows 10. That means you can use the hardware on Windows 10 for now, but eventually it will stop working properly or at all.

BTW - the legacy mode in a UEFI doesn't have anything to do with legacy hardware. It means you can boot the computer with an operating system that was written for the older BIOS booting system instead of the newer UEFI.

BulldogXX, Apr 29, 2024
  4. When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says...

UEFI install vs legacy install

I wonder how many of you here install windows by pure uefi mode rather than the default legacy. Do you have any problem installing any new hardware with uefi install?

I face alot of problem just getting pure uefi install for windows 8 like it could not update, it runs slow and glitchy. I only found the fix later is to disable Compatibility Support Module(CSM) in the bios menu to solve that and reinstall as windows is loading up legacy drivers causing errors. I currently don't have any pcie graphic card, I just wonder this would be a problem like having graphic card without CSM on just purely uefi mode.

MIRTAZAPINE, Apr 29, 2024
Thema:

When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says...

1. When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says... - Similar Threads - try install legacy

2. When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says...: When i try to install legacy hardware it says hardware cannot be installed and then it says the system cannot find the file specified. Also I uninstalled microsoft basic display adapter and realtek high definition audio it shows the same when I try to install both of the...
  3. I am trying to install qbasic and I installed the file and when I try to open it, it says...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to install qbasic and I installed the file and when I try to open it, it says...: Please clear my doubt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-install-qbasic-and-i-installed-the/e335c3a9-307b-449e-86c0-d01828375675
  4. Been running Win11 for months on supported hardware. Says "Unsupported" when trying to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been running Win11 for months on supported hardware. Says "Unsupported" when trying to...: I am typing this currently on my Windows 11 system. I was able to upgrade to Windows 11 naturally with no issues many months ago. Now I need to format and FRESH install the OS. I made a fresh USB Windows 11 Installer April 24th 2022, and tried booting. When I select Windows...
  5. Been running Win11 for months on supported hardware. Says "Unsupported" when trying to...

Been running Win11 for months on supported hardware. Says "Unsupported" when trying to...: I am typing this currently on my Windows 11 system. I was able to upgrade to Windows 11 naturally with no issues many months ago. Now I need to format and FRESH install the OS. I made a fresh USB Windows 11 Installer April 24th 2022, and tried booting. When I select Windows...
  6. Trying to Clean install, Says my hardware is not minimum. I have been using the OS already.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Clean install, Says my hardware is not minimum. I have been using the OS already.: I just made a bootable drive using the Windows 11 media creation tool and While trying to set up a fresh install it says my hardware is not compatible. I have been using windows 11 through insider program for a while now and PC health check app has all check marks for...
  7. Trying to Clean install, Says my hardware is not minimum. I have been using the OS already.

Trying to Clean install, Says my hardware is not minimum. I have been using the OS already.: I just made a bootable drive using the Windows 11 media creation tool and While trying to set up a fresh install it says my hardware is not compatible. I have been using windows 11 through insider program for a while now and PC health check app has all check marks for...
  8. Teredo not installed and not showing up in legacy hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo not installed and not showing up in legacy hardware: I'm trying to fix my Teredo so I can play online with Forza Horizon 4 but it's not showing up in my device manager even with show hidden devices enabled and it's not showing up in my install legacy hardware option. Ive tried different solutions that people have posted in the...
  9. Microsoft Store says "Hardware not Detected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store says "Hardware not Detected": So after seeing a messsage nvidia contol panel not found i decided to download it.Never used microsoft store ever. It says i dont have minimum required files but I do have them to my best knowledge. I have a Dell G5 15. [ATTACH]...
  10. bsod says NMI hardware failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod says NMI hardware failure: hello my laptop always restart! is says NMI hardware failure and i did not download or installed any kind of game or software! i any help plsss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod/8c3d558c-2201-43e2-9477-be927ab96e97