Windows 10: When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing?

Discus and support When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; recently my laptop has been laggy and I don't know if the cmd.exe is the reason why it has been slowing down. pls help ty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Neutral Gyro, Mar 4, 2023.

1. When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing?

recently my laptop has been laggy and I don't know if the cmd.exe is the reason why it has been slowing down. pls help ty

:)

Neutral Gyro, Mar 4, 2023

2. Odd thing on windows start menu

Hello Zaku_555,

I am Jaspreet Singh.

You may have suggestions active for start menu.

Turn them off with these steps :

1. Click the Start button.

2. Click the Settings icon.

3. Type "Start" in and select Start Settings.

4. Turn off "Occasionally show suggestions in Start."

That should stop these from popping up again. This is not a virus or malware.

JaspreetSingh08, Mar 4, 2023
  3. CMD pop up

Just recently CMD has popped up at start up. Flashes on for a few seconds, no message, its blank.

I have tried all the suggestions on line, even stopping Microsoft services that seems to work but gets rid of on screen caps indication.

Running Windows 10 on a Acer laptop. Recent updates include Microsoft and Display adapter.

Any suggestions that I have not tried already would be appreciated ?

RossWilliamson, Mar 4, 2023
  4. prarial Win User

When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing?

Impossible to starts some exe files!

hello everyone,

I need help as I have tried all of what i have found in this and other forums, whitout any success.
    Since a week icant start some exe files and i dont know why only some!
    i have appleied what was described in Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials ,
    but no better results.
    I have scanned my laptop for virus or malwares, and its clean.
    for example i want start Acronis, then win10 say cant find the file even so i try to start it directly from the exe file!
    same if i want to start ACDSee and some others applications.

For others files its perfectly ok, like AVG PCtune; Malwarebytes, Microsoft Office and so many others.

I have also tried to install again the sotware which doesnt start but it is the same.

Some people suggested that possibly a dll have been modified, but how to find out?
    I hope someone will be able to help me as my next step would be to fully reinstall windows and all applications.

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

prarial, Mar 4, 2023
Thema:

When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing?

1. When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing? - Similar Threads - start laptop several

2. CMD popping up when starting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD popping up when starting: Hi guys. Sometimes when I boot up my PC the CMD pops up very quickly (doesnt happen everytime).Could it be some type of malware or is it normal? submitted by /u/Henriferz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1d5v111/cmd_popping_up_when_starting/
  3. When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing?: recently my laptop has been laggy and I don't know if the cmd.exe is the reason why it has been slowing down. pls help ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-my-laptop-several-cmdexe-start/573a5662-59dc-4388-aa93-20120ff674b8
  4. When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I start my laptop, several cmd.exe start popping up. Is that a bad thing?: recently my laptop has been laggy and I don't know if the cmd.exe is the reason why it has been slowing down. pls help ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-my-laptop-several-cmdexe-start/573a5662-59dc-4388-aa93-20120ff674b8
  5. reappearing .exe pop-ups upon starting up pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reappearing .exe pop-ups upon starting up pc: LConnectSystem.exe and gpuz.exe ask to make changes to my device every time I startup my pc and I was wondering if anyone knew how I could make it so this does not need to happen every time I turn on my pc.L-Connec3 installed...
  6. reappearing .exe pop-ups upon starting up pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reappearing .exe pop-ups upon starting up pc: LConnectSystem.exe and gpuz.exe ask to make changes to my device every time I startup my pc and I was wondering if anyone knew how I could make it so this does not need to happen every time I turn on my pc.L-Connec3 installed...
  7. reappearing .exe pop-ups upon starting up pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. CMD pops up on start-up and frequently after that

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD pops up on start-up and frequently after that: Hello everyone, a CMD with some script keeps running every time I start up my laptop Dell XPS 15, 7590. Not just that, but the CMD window popups up every a certain minute probably 20-30min. I did a deep scan with antiviruses, also with Malware removal. But nothing was...
  9. CMD pops up on start-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD pops up on start-up: Hi all, I was just wondering why my cmd pops up on start up for a split second, then disappear immediately. I have tried to disable start-ups on my task manager and the cmd command sfc/scannow but the cmd still pops up when i boot my computer. Any help is appreciated, thanks!...
  10. CMD Prompt screen pops up and disappears when I start my laptop (Windows 10 Home)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD Prompt screen pops up and disappears when I start my laptop (Windows 10 Home): Hi, When I start my laptop (Windows 10 Home) I see this cmd prompt screen for a few seconds and then it disappears. I would be grateful if you could help me find a way to solve this problem. Thanks [ATTACH]...