Windows 10: When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type

Discus and support When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All images saved from Chrome are being saved with the file type "File" regardless of the original file type of the image i am saving.I have tried from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by heathcl, Jul 11, 2022.

1. heathcl Win User

When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type

All images saved from Chrome are being saved with the file type "File" regardless of the original file type of the image i am saving.I have tried from different browsers and they are saved in the correct format.I've contacted Google support and they say this is a Windows issue

:)

heathcl, Jul 11, 2022
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jul 11, 2022
  3. GSquadron Win User
    Fable III corrupt save files

There are a lot of people which have problems with the save files.
    Every save i make, is corrupted. This means that even older ones are corrupted too.
    I have tried a lot of methods but none fixes the problem.
    Also, you are wrong with the url of save files.
    They are under C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Lionhead Studios\Fable 3\Saved Games

GSquadron, Jul 11, 2022
  4. thy1986 Win User

crysis save file

can anyone send me a complete crysis save file? i cant connect to incrysis don noe why.. and where to i check my save file? something happen to my mission 9 and the computer keep hang there... so i want skip that mission.. thank you in advance

thy1986, Jul 11, 2022
Thema:

1. When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type - Similar Threads - save image file

2. When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type: All images saved from Chrome are being saved with the file type "File" regardless of the original file type of the image i am saving.I have tried from different browsers and they are saved in the correct format.I've contacted Google support and they say this is a Windows...
  3. When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type: All images saved from Chrome are being saved with the file type "File" regardless of the original file type of the image i am saving.I have tried from different browsers and they are saved in the correct format.I've contacted Google support and they say this is a Windows...
  4. File Name Overrides Chosen "Save as type" Extension When Saving Files

File Name Overrides Chosen "Save as type" Extension When Saving Files: A customer uses the Windows Snipping Tool often.He'll capture something and when he clicks on "Save As" he'll see the default file name:Capture.PNGHe then changes it to:Project 11.2022Even though the "Save as type" is .PNG, the file is saved as .2022 and obviously won't open...
  5. File Name Overrides Chosen "Save as type" Extension When Saving Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Name Overrides Chosen "Save as type" Extension When Saving Files: A customer uses the Windows Snipping Tool often.He'll capture something and when he clicks on "Save As" he'll see the default file name:Capture.PNGHe then changes it to:Project 11.2022Even though the "Save as type" is .PNG, the file is saved as .2022 and obviously won't open...
  6. File Name Overrides Chosen "Save as type" Extension When Saving Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. save and save as file types

save and save as file types: I save/download very few websites/documents. I want them to appear in File Explorer in only one place such as quick access, this pc, libraries, pictures, etc. Any EXCEPT OneDrive. Where, how can I do this using Edge or IE browser? I do not save enough to bother with...
  8. Can't save image files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't save image files: Sometimes when I try to save new images I drew, it gives me the message "The file could not be found". This applies to all painting softwares I have, including MS paint. Sometimes it works to replace an already existing image with the new one, but sometimes that doesn't work...
  9. firefox 74 not showing image file type while saving images

in Browsers and Email
    firefox 74 not showing image file type while saving images: When im using firefox 74 it's not showing the any Save image as options (like jpg or png) while using save image as a command for pictures. But it does show image the types options when i'm choosing what image to opening them in the browser. I never didn't tampered with...
  10. when i save a file it saves the wrong date

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i save a file it saves the wrong date: The computer is saving the wrong date when I export or have a save-as file. How can I fix this? This is happening on 2 of the computers I bought new at the same time and they are having the same problem. Thanks Linda...