Windows 10: When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the...

Discus and support When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the familiar categories to show?Windows 10See screenshot below -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BillWells, Jun 23, 2024.

1. BillWells Win User

When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the...

When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the familiar categories to show?Windows 10See screenshot below - this is what I see when opening settings.

:)

BillWells, Jun 23, 2024

2. Change search box settings windows 10

> Is there any way to change the Windows search box, to right of address bar, settings for Windows 10? It no longer spell checks and no longer does a general word nor phrase search properly. The search results are always we could not find it. If the
    search box gives an extremely short list of suggestions, then when the suggestion is clicked the response is again, we could not find what you are looking for.

- - - -

That search box uses your default search provider. Are you generally unhappy with that search provider? Have you tried others?

Don

Don Varnau, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Change search box settings windows 10

Is there any way to change the Windows search box, to right of address bar, settings for Windows 10? It no longer spell checks and no longer does a general word nor phrase search properly. The search results are always we could not find it. If the search
    box gives an extremely short list of suggestions, then when the suggestion is clicked the response is again, we could not find what you are looking for. Please give me details how to fix? Thanks in advance.

* Moved from IE10

ResaWillserve, Jun 23, 2024
  4. When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the...

search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the...

1. When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the... - Similar Threads - open settings longer

2. When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the...: When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the familiar categories to show?Windows 10See screenshot below - this is what I see when opening settings....
  3. When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the...: When I open "settings" I no longer see any categories only a search box. How do I get the familiar categories to show?Windows 10See screenshot below - this is what I see when opening settings....
  4. How do I activate the search box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate the search box?: I cannot get the search box to allow me to type anything in it. How do I activate the search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-the-search-box/6f595d9a-5735-4de8-b04d-08cf54dc997d
  5. How do I activate the search box?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I activate the search box?: I cannot get the search box to allow me to type anything in it. How do I activate the search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-the-search-box/6f595d9a-5735-4de8-b04d-08cf54dc997d
  6. How do I get the 2017 Search Box ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get the 2017 Search Box ?: so the First Windows 10 I've Used was 21H2 , Can't Revert to Any Previous Version , nor do I want to Revert , Just the Search Box . submitted by /u/ALICOOL412 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1aeri2t/how_do_i_get_the_2017_search_box/
  7. How do I get the Cortana search box?

in Cortana
    How do I get the Cortana search box?: I've been searching online and everything says to right click the task bar and go to the Cortana tab, but I don't have a Cortana tab. The only Cortana related item there is to enable the button to open the Cortana app. I'm also not using small taskbar icons....
  8. Windows Search Box Is not Opening When I Click it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Search Box Is not Opening When I Click it: I cannot open Windows Search box. When I click it, nothing shows up as if I didn't click the search box. I tried everything on internet but it didn't work. What can I do?...
  9. Cortana Search box settings how to get it to do what I want

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Search box settings how to get it to do what I want: On the whole I quite like Windows 10, but there is one thing I have hated since first opening it up and that is the wretched Cortana Search box on the desktop. How do I get back the windows 7 search box functionality where it would only search for things on the computer...
  10. when I open word no longer shows menu...opens into one category

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when I open word no longer shows menu...opens into one category: I went to attach a word document to an email..clicked..when word opened it did not show the usual menu o selct from...it opened into a full screen of my documents in an unfamiliar format that I couldn't get out of...