Windows 10: When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

Discus and support When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to troubleshoot all it says is to use Ethernet and nothing else but I can’t use Ethernet. When I go into the network and sharing centre to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aston Broadbent, Apr 10, 2024.

1. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

When I try to troubleshoot all it says is to use Ethernet and nothing else but I can’t use Ethernet. When I go into the network and sharing centre to enable or disable things the only thing there to change is Ethernet not wireless connection. I know the antennas on my pc are working because the green light on them is on.

:)

Aston Broadbent, Apr 10, 2024

2. Available Networks not shown

On login screen (Refer screenshot 1) available networks are shown when I click on icon of WI-FI.

When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown 139909d1497672655t-available-networks-not-shown-img_20170617_092403.jpg

However, when I login and click on WI-FI icon, available networks are not show. I have tried all the solutions available on different forums but nothing seems to be working. (Refer screenshot 2)

When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown 139910d1497672791t-available-networks-not-shown-screenshot-5-.png

Also, I reset my windows 10 and have installed couple of new programs like VLC, foobar, photoscape but none of them appear in programs list when I click on Start button.

Please help.

bharichinmay, Apr 10, 2024
  3. heathergk Win User
    "show available networks" in my taskbar icon

I use to be able to see available networks from taskbar internet icon.

But now I cannot. Anyone have suggestion for that?

I can access thru settings but would like in taskbar icon.

Thank you - H

heathergk, Apr 10, 2024
  4. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Apr 10, 2024
Thema:

When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

1. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown - Similar Threads - click network icon

2. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown: When I try to troubleshoot all it says is to use Ethernet and nothing else but I can’t use Ethernet. When I go into the network and sharing centre to enable or disable things the only thing there to change is Ethernet not wireless connection. I know the antennas on my pc are...
  3. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown: When I try to troubleshoot all it says is to use Ethernet and nothing else but I can’t use Ethernet. When I go into the network and sharing centre to enable or disable things the only thing there to change is Ethernet not wireless connection. I know the antennas on my pc are...
  4. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks: Hi, this is happening on a Dell Precision 3520 running windows 10 Pro. It is very annoying having to go to settings page network status every time I click on the Wi-fi icon on taskbar, and then having to click on "Available Networks" to actually see them. It is unpractical,...
  5. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks: Hi, this is happening on a Dell Precision 3520 running windows 10 Pro. It is very annoying having to go to settings page network status every time I click on the Wi-fi icon on taskbar, and then having to click on "Available Networks" to actually see them. It is unpractical,...
  6. Clicking wifi icon on taskbar opens network status settings page instead of available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to click on “show available networks” in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to click on “show available networks” in settings: Hi all,I understand that this may be a long shot, but I’m just hoping someone may know how to resolve this issue.My friend has been unable to click on the “show available networks” button for some unbeknown reason. We are also unable to click on the WiFi icon and show the...
  8. "show available networks" in my taskbar icon

"show available networks" in my taskbar icon: I use to be able to see available networks from taskbar internet icon. But now I cannot. Anyone have suggestion for that? I can access thru settings but would like in taskbar icon. Thank you - H...
  9. Network icon not shown

Network icon not shown: Missing network icon from taskbar. I tried all methods for take back network icon but i unable. Please tell me what I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-icon-not-shown/4fc97438-ae59-430d-8bbd-b707201daeb2
  10. Available Networks not shown

Available Networks not shown: On login screen (Refer screenshot 1) available networks are shown when I click on icon of WI-FI. [img] However, when I login and click on WI-FI icon, available networks are not show. I have tried all the solutions available on different forums but nothing seems to be...