Windows 10: What should I do to sign in and get my cursor back?

Discus and support What should I do to sign in and get my cursor back? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have this windows 11 computer and I can't seem to sign in to get into my computer. I cant find my cursor and when I try to use my fingerprint the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Catherine_499, Jun 1, 2024.

1. What should I do to sign in and get my cursor back?

I have this windows 11 computer and I can't seem to sign in to get into my computer. I cant find my cursor and when I try to use my fingerprint the on/off button doesn't light up to verify to put your fingerprint. I tried turning it off and on but nothing worked.

:)

Catherine_499, Jun 1, 2024
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Jun 1, 2024
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 1, 2024
  4. What should I do to sign in and get my cursor back?

Windows 10 - Cursor twinkling

Hi SebastianCubela,

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

If you see the black/flickering cursor/screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
      • If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc).
      Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool:

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server

• If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s
      choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add
    • This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 1, 2024
Thema:

What should I do to sign in and get my cursor back?

1. What should I do to sign in and get my cursor back? - Similar Threads - should sign cursor

2. What should I do to get personal account sign in option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do to get personal account sign in option?: I have reset my system and when I try to sign in it is asking me for Work or School account which I do not have there is no option for personal account sign in....
  3. how do i get my cursor back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get my cursor back: my cursor keeps disappearing, usually, I can restart my laptop and it will come back on but now even after restarting and shutting down my computer it's still not working. it's inconvenient when it comes to schoolwork. I have a Lenovo Ideapad and Windows 11....
  4. how do i get my cursor back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get my cursor back: my cursor keeps disappearing, usually, I can restart my laptop and it will come back on but now even after restarting and shutting down my computer it's still not working. it's inconvenient when it comes to schoolwork. I have a Lenovo Ideapad and Windows 11....
  5. What should I do to sign in and get my cursor back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do to sign in and get my cursor back?: I have this windows 11 computer and I can't seem to sign in to get into my computer. I cant find my cursor and when I try to use my fingerprint the on/off button doesn't light up to verify to put your fingerprint. I tried turning it off and on but nothing worked....
  6. What should I do to sign in ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do to sign in ?: Hi everyone,Today I enabled the built-in windows administrator account . But when I tried to sign in at the account , it did not sign in . It said you must use windows hello or smart card. Now , what should I do ?...
  7. What should I do to sign in ?

What should I do to sign in ?: Hi everyone,Today I enabled the built-in windows administrator account . But when I tried to sign in at the account , it did not sign in . It said you must use windows hello or smart card. Now , what should I do ?...
  8. My cursor isn't visible what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cursor isn't visible what should I do: I am unable to see cursor on my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-isnt-visible-what-should-i-do/bd24a8d3-1ae8-4d6b-b12e-cec64634ad8c
  9. My cursor isn't visible what should I do

My cursor isn't visible what should I do: I am unable to see cursor on my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-isnt-visible-what-should-i-do/bd24a8d3-1ae8-4d6b-b12e-cec64634ad8c
  10. What should I do for getting back my files after getting the error we can't sign into your...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should I do for getting back my files after getting the error we can't sign into your...: Some days ago, I got an error which was saying we can't sign into your account. I tried restarting my pc but it didn't solved that problem. Then I found some solution on Youtube and what I did is firstly I opened run and entered regedit and then went to this location there...