Windows 10: What recently changed with OneDrive authentication?

Discus and support What recently changed with OneDrive authentication? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the past few years I have been using the fingerprint identifier on my laptop to unlock my OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer on Windows 11.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnCLee51, Sep 8, 2024.

1. What recently changed with OneDrive authentication?

For the past few years I have been using the fingerprint identifier on my laptop to unlock my OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer on Windows 11. About 2 weeks ago this suddenly stopped working. I am now told to open Microsoft Authenticator / send a code to my phone / send a code to my email in order to authenticate for Personal Vault. What changed? Accessing Personal Vault has become a pain, especially since Authenticator cannot be installed in Windows 11.

:)

JohnCLee51, Sep 8, 2024
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Sep 8, 2024
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Sep 8, 2024
  4. Jerry8A Win User

What recently changed with OneDrive authentication?

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings

I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options, my computer and OneDrive settings are set to save to OneDrive. It appears my computer does not recognize these default settings.

Do you have any suggestions how I can have my default locations for files change back to OneDrive?

I use Windows 10. My computer is Dell XPS 8910.

See Screenshots. Screenshot with Recent highlighted shows my current default location as Recent. OneDrive should be highlighted.

Also, I reinstalled Microsoft Office.

Jerry

Jerry

Jerry8A, Sep 8, 2024
Thema:

What recently changed with OneDrive authentication?

1. What recently changed with OneDrive authentication? - Similar Threads - recently changed OneDrive

2. What recently changed with OneDrive authentication?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What recently changed with OneDrive authentication?: For the past few years I have been using the fingerprint identifier on my laptop to unlock my OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer on Windows 11. About 2 weeks ago this suddenly stopped working. I am now told to open Microsoft Authenticator / send a code to my phone /...
  3. Issue with the recent files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with the recent files in OneDrive: File explorer randomly accessing Office files in my Recent OneDrive folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-the-recent-files-in-onedrive/a25a50df-de61-4575-b8c3-ea548cd24328
  4. Totally lost on Authenticator recently don’t understand it!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Totally lost on Authenticator recently don’t understand it!: Never had a problem with Microsoft computer to phone communication but now I am bewildered I’ll send a picture of what I’m talking about used to just text me to verify now this Authenticator has me all screwed no longer can I redeem my rewards!...
  5. Totally lost on Authenticator recently don’t understand it!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Totally lost on Authenticator recently don’t understand it!: Never had a problem with Microsoft computer to phone communication but now I am bewildered I’ll send a picture of what I’m talking about used to just text me to verify now this Authenticator has me all screwed no longer can I redeem my rewards!...
  6. What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...: On a windows 11 computer, how can I change the default storage location of OneDrive to the user's computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-change-the-default-storage/8d2db7ea-25e5-4bde-a42c-cc5cc69423e3
  7. What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...: On a windows 11 computer, how can I change the default storage location of OneDrive to the user's computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-change-the-default-storage/8d2db7ea-25e5-4bde-a42c-cc5cc69423e3
  8. Change What OneDrive Stores

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change What OneDrive Stores: I've used OneDrive mostly incorrectly, i guess for years. When I started, I just selected a few folders for which I wanted another backup location. Over the years, I've added additional folders, but that's the way it's still setup. I have decided I want to backup my entire...
  9. What is OneDrive

in Browsers and Email
    What is OneDrive: I have just received an email with an attachment.When I click to open the link it gives me 2 options open or save.Both options send it to a folder called OneDrive,but I am unable to open it from there. I am using Outlook for email and Firefox.What am I missing? 82385
  10. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive: Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options,...