Windows 10: What is wrong with my old laptop hard drive and how do I fix it?

Discus and support What is wrong with my old laptop hard drive and how do I fix it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a hard drive from an old HP Windows XP laptop and want to access some files on there, but I'm having trouble. I bought an adapter for the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Red Feather_, May 16, 2024.

1. What is wrong with my old laptop hard drive and how do I fix it?

I have a hard drive from an old HP Windows XP laptop and want to access some files on there, but I'm having trouble. I bought an adapter for the hard drive so I can plug it into my pc as an external hard drive, but when I try to open it or right-click it, it won't load. One time I had to restart my pc after trying to open the drive. I don't think it's encrypted, and I just can't figure out what's wrong with it.

:)

Red Feather_, May 16, 2024
  2. db2366 Win User

How to recover data from an old laptop hard drive

I have a 2008 apple hard drive from an old macbook. I am trying to recover the files with my new laptop (windows 10), however the hard drive seems to be password protected. I can open the hard drive but I cannot access the folders within the ''Users''
    folder. Any suggestions?

db2366, May 16, 2024
  3. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, May 16, 2024
  4. What is wrong with my old laptop hard drive and how do I fix it?

hard drive

1. Do you have more than one physical hard drive, or are these separate partitions on the same drive?
    2. How old is the drive?
    3. Laptop or desktop?

Canadian Tech, May 16, 2024
Thema:

What is wrong with my old laptop hard drive and how do I fix it?

1. What is wrong with my old laptop hard drive and how do I fix it? - Similar Threads - wrong old laptop

2. Booting from old hard drive - What password do i enter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting from old hard drive - What password do i enter?: I just built a new pc and am booting from my old hard drive with Windows 10 Home installed. I got into the lock screen but it wont let me use my PIN to sign in. it is making me use a password, but my microsoft password isnt working. Is there some other password i should be...
  3. What is wrong with my old laptop hard drive and how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is wrong with my old laptop hard drive and how do I fix it?: I have a hard drive from an old HP Windows XP laptop and want to access some files on there, but I'm having trouble. I bought an adapter for the hard drive so I can plug it into my pc as an external hard drive, but when I try to open it or right-click it, it won't load. One...
  4. How do I fix bad sectors on my hard drive??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix bad sectors on my hard drive??: Lenovo scanned my system and it said that my hard drive failed the Targeted Read test, tried fixing it but it couldn't and it's 8 bad sectors. I've ran sfcscannow, chkdsk, DISM and nothing seems to be able to fix this. Do I need a new hard drive? this one is only about three...
  5. How do I fix bad sectors on my hard drive??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix bad sectors on my hard drive??: Lenovo scanned my system and it said that my hard drive failed the Targeted Read test, tried fixing it but it couldn't and it's 8 bad sectors. I've ran sfcscannow, chkdsk, DISM and nothing seems to be able to fix this. Do I need a new hard drive? this one is only about three...
  6. How do I fix bad sectors on my hard drive??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What should I do with two old extra hard disk drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What should I do with two old extra hard disk drives: I have two HDDs that i am pretty sure are both sata 3 and they were both taken out of laptops. So i went onto amazon to buy two enclosures for them. My current setupthey havent arrived yet is a kingston a400 sata 3 250gb ssd, 2x intel celeron 1017u 1.6mhz cpus,8 gb ram2x 4,...
  8. What to do with old hard drives: 250 and 500GB?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What to do with old hard drives: 250 and 500GB?: I have new 2TB external drive for backups and not sure for what to use old 2.5 hard drives (spinners): 250 and 500GB. Any suggestion? 170968
  9. How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?: How can I clone my old laptop hard drive to a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clone-my-old-hard-drive-to-a-new-hard/cd9498d2-e379-40c0-aef4-42328b6c428a
  10. PC saving everything to wrong hard drive how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC saving everything to wrong hard drive how do I fix it?: My pc has been saving everything to a windows ssd drive which is the smaller of the two and it keeps filling up fast. Is there a way to fix it without removing all my data? submitted by /u/w0f3r [link] [comments]...