Windows 10: What is this icon with the red dot? I do not recognize it and I can’t right click or click...

Discus and support What is this icon with the red dot? I do not recognize it and I can’t right click or click... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What is this icon with the red dot? Is it Adobe? I do not recognize it and I can’t right click or click on it at all. When I hover over it, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JM1442, Apr 8, 2024.

1. JM1442 Win User

What is this icon with the red dot? I do not recognize it and I can’t right click or click...

What is this icon with the red dot? Is it Adobe? I do not recognize it and I can’t right click or click on it at all. When I hover over it, nothing pops up. I can’t get rid of it. Virus? I got a few pop ups yesterday on my laptop that the system detected a possible virus. I did a diagnostic test and it said it didn’t find anything. A couple times my mouse would freeze, a black rectangle popped up a few times and then after restarting a few times it stopped and system ran normally. It’s a little concerning.

:)

JM1442, Apr 8, 2024
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Apr 8, 2024
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool What is this icon with the red dot? I do not recognize it and I can’t right click or click... :cool:

jmcslob, Apr 8, 2024
  4. What is this icon with the red dot? I do not recognize it and I can’t right click or click...

Red X on the Network icon

There is a red x on the Network icon. My internet is connected but the red x is always there and annoying.

I was able to resolve this by following the steps below

Suggestions:

Method 1:

Right Click on Computer -> Manage

Under the System Tools section, double click on Local Users and Groups

Click Groups -> Right Click on Administrators -> Add to group -> Add -> Advanced -> Find now -> Double Click on Local Service -> Click Ok

Close all the windows, reboot the computer and check the status

Method 2:

Click Start -> Type CMD -> Right click on CMD -> Run as administrator
    Type net localgroup Administrators /add Local Service and press Enter
    Click OK when it says The Command Completed Successfully
    Reboot the computer and check the status

JosephSDavid, Apr 8, 2024
Thema:

What is this icon with the red dot? I do not recognize it and I can’t right click or click...

1. What is this icon with the red dot? I do not recognize it and I can’t right click or click... - Similar Threads - icon red dot

2. Why can’t I click the icons on the Windows bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can’t I click the icons on the Windows bar?: Hello!I am having problems navigating on my computer. I cannot click in the search on the windows search bar or click/right click on the windows bar, e.g. the printer icon or internet/wifi icon for status. The google icon I use to start the internet has disappeared. I have...
  3. What is this icon with the red dot? I do not recognize it and I can’t right click or click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this icon with the red dot? I do not recognize it and I can’t right click or click...: What is this icon with the red dot? Is it Adobe? I do not recognize it and I can’t right click or click on it at all. When I hover over it, nothing pops up. I can’t get rid of it. Virus? I got a few pop ups yesterday on my laptop that the system detected a possible virus. I...
  4. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  5. desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop freezing what I right click on a desktop icon/shortcut: I am running Windows 11 Home.I am also running latest version. When ever I right click a desktop icon/shortcut the desktop freezes and the cursor shows the loading circle. After right clicking on a icon I can not click on anything on my desktop until I restart my PC. While...
  6. Taskbar can’t right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar can’t right click: I cant right click on my taskbar open speakers wifi or notifacation center how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-cant-right-click/831d39e3-4554-469b-9561-b7fa01a823b9
  7. I can’t click on anything

in Cortana
    I can’t click on anything: When I go on search bar on the bottom next to all my apps I can’t search anything or click on anything. When I first got it it was fine but now I can’t click on anything....
  8. I can’t click ok

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t click ok: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bradislit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfjil4/i_cant_click_ok/
  9. Can’t right click on desktop

Can’t right click on desktop: I recently reset my pc to factory settings and now I can’t right click my desktop. It was fine before the reset. I’ve followed a few guides on YouTube but nothing is working so far. Anyone have a fix for this? submitted by /u/whatepisodeisit [link] [comments]...
  10. Can't click on icons and right click

Can't click on icons and right click: I had my whole PC full and games started to lag I did a reset I starting downloading chrome and steam and suddenly I couldn't click on my desktop I don't know what happend I tried restarting windows explorer and doing other things submitted by /u/Deluxxxe5719 [link]...