Windows 10: what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area

Discus and support what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; what is this icon? where does it come from? how stop it?it appears when you initially open the up arrow on the win 10 notification area, each circle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ssurloff, May 3, 2024.

1. Ssurloff Win User

what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area

what is this icon? where does it come from? how stop it?it appears when you initially open the up arrow on the win 10 notification area, each circle icon sometimes deletes itself one by one from the notifcaton area on win 10.

:)

Ssurloff, May 3, 2024
  2. Hans L Win User

Startup and Notification area

R]I ran this batch file, but it did not help (which I understand, because Task Manager > Processes does NOT show WinDates).

I am back to the conclusion that Win 10 can run WinDates manually, but not automatically at startup (via link). If I double-click on the link C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinDates.lnk, WinDates opens fine.

My next step will be to run a scan of system files to see if something is corrupt. However, any other suggestions are welcome.

Hans L, May 3, 2024
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    one drive icons not appearing on Notification area

Hi Mohd,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if Notification setting for One Drive Is turned on. Follow the steps below.

• Click on Start button and Select Settings.
    • Select System and Click on Notification and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icon to appear on taskbar.
    • Turn on the notification for One Drive.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, May 3, 2024
  4. ms1406 Win User

what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area

Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

thanks , but you did not understand the problem.

I have since found the solution wlsewhere:

To add a hidden icon to the notification area

• Click the arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want to move to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons to the notification area as you want.

To
    always show all icons on the taskbar

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

• Under Notification area, click Customize.

• Select the Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box, and then click
      OK.

ms1406, May 3, 2024
Thema:

1. what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area - Similar Threads - icon suddenly has

2. what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area: what is this icon? where does it come from? how stop it?it appears when you initially open the up arrow on the win 10 notification area, each circle icon sometimes deletes itself one by one from the notifcaton area on win 10....
  3. what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is this icon that suddenly has started to appear in the win 10 notification area: what is this icon? where does it come from? how stop it?it appears when you initially open the up arrow on the win 10 notification area, each circle icon sometimes deletes itself one by one from the notifcaton area on win 10....
  4. Icons in Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Notification Area: I keep having to re-enable my preferred apps in the "Select which icons appear on Taskbar notification area". Is there a fix for this? 183716
  5. Win 10 Notification area missing arrow for hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Notification area missing arrow for hidden icons: I looked at some "search answers" here in your forum but could not. I can't find anything on my Version of Win 10 which is 10.0.19042 (build 19402) for fixing this issue. And I have no idea why it disappeared, and why the Audio Control icon appeared. The only icons I have...
  6. Unwanted icons in the notification area

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted icons in the notification area: Some programs insist on putting their icon in the notification tray, and then the company uses that "feature" for advertising in relentless pop up notifications. This is not an appropriate use of the notification tray, nor should have Microsoft allowed such program behavior...
  7. notification area sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notification area sound icon: Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Notification area sound icon does not control sound, any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area-sound-icon/4cf1a029-4624-41fc-88d5-8f22ea492241
  8. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  9. Notification Area Icons location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area Icons location: Could not find "Notification Area Icons" in "All Control Panel Items" for Windows 10, but I could find it under Settings-System-Notifications. Is that normal for Windows 10? How can I add it in the "All Control Panel Items"? Thanks 42364
  10. Notification area "Select which icons appear on taskbar" not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area "Select which icons appear on taskbar" not saving: Hi. Does anyone else have this problem? I turn off the "always show all icons" and customize what I want to be shown. I don't like clutter, so I like hiding a lot of the systray crap. Almost every time I reboot though, the "always show all icons" has automagically became...