Windows 10: What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?

Discus and support What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was trying to reinstall Windows 10, It prompted me "How would you like to reinstall Windows?", There are two options listed below, which one should I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kai_1, Dec 28, 2021.

1. kai_1 Win User

What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?

I was trying to reinstall Windows 10, It prompted me "How would you like to reinstall Windows?", There are two options listed below, which one should I choose for resetting my computer, and what is the difference?

:)

kai_1, Dec 28, 2021
  2. Bengie Win User

Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

10 Pro 21H1

This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset.

When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive
    There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local Reinstall.

My understanding of how this is worded is that Local Reinstall uses Windows already on your machine and
    Cloud Download downloads a new copy of Windows from MS and installs that.

I always use the Cloud Download but if it is a new download, how come my desktop picture and a couple of
    other things are still there when the Recovery has finished.
    If it was a download I would have expected just Windows ?

I hope that makes sense.

Bengie, Dec 28, 2021
  3. ak.ozich Win User
    What is the difference between Cloud Download and Local Download?

I am trying to reset my computer and it came up with two options, Cloud Download and Local Download. I am wondering what is the difference between those two. Can you explain?

ak.ozich, Dec 28, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?

Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud

Source: Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud - Windows Insider

How to Reset Windows 10

How to Refresh Windows 10

Brink, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

1. What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset? - Similar Threads - difference cloud download

2. Cloud install or local install does not show during “reset windows”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloud install or local install does not show during “reset windows”: Hello,I have been trying to reset my windows; however, after going through the steps, after the step that allows me to choose from “keep everything and delete everything”, the option in which you can choose where to reinstall the windows from, for example cloud or local, does...
  3. Factory Resetting Laptop - should I use Cloud Download or Local Reinstall?

Factory Resetting Laptop - should I use Cloud Download or Local Reinstall?: Hi, I can't seem to get a clear answer anywhere, so I'm wondering if anyone here can help.I had a trojan virus infect my laptop that came through Chrome. I removed it with Windows Defender and turned off my wifi. Now, I want to factory reset to make sure any traces are...
  4. Factory Resetting Laptop - should I use Cloud Download or Local Reinstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Resetting Laptop - should I use Cloud Download or Local Reinstall?: Hi, I can't seem to get a clear answer anywhere, so I'm wondering if anyone here can help.I had a trojan virus infect my laptop that came through Chrome. I removed it with Windows Defender and turned off my wifi. Now, I want to factory reset to make sure any traces are...
  5. What if my internet conncetion fall during the "cloud download" reset of windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What if my internet conncetion fall during the "cloud download" reset of windows 11: Hi, everyoneI want to reset my windows 11 back to the factory and, in order to do that, I have 2 options : using "cloud download" or "local reinstall". I wish to use cloud download, because my internet connection is fast enough, but the area where I live have some "energy...
  6. What if my internet conncetion fall during the "cloud download" reset of windows 11

What if my internet conncetion fall during the "cloud download" reset of windows 11: Hi, everyoneI want to reset my windows 11 back to the factory and, in order to do that, I have 2 options : using "cloud download" or "local reinstall". I wish to use cloud download, because my internet connection is fast enough, but the area where I live have some "energy...
  7. What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?: I was trying to reinstall Windows 10, It prompted me "How would you like to reinstall Windows?", There are two options listed below, which one should I choose for resetting my computer, and what is the difference?...
  8. What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?

What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?: I was trying to reinstall Windows 10, It prompted me "How would you like to reinstall Windows?", There are two options listed below, which one should I choose for resetting my computer, and what is the difference?...
  9. Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download: 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1023 This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset. When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local...
  10. What is the difference between Cloud Download and Local Download?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the difference between Cloud Download and Local Download?: I am trying to reset my computer and it came up with two options, Cloud Download and Local Download. I am wondering what is the difference between those two. Can you explain?...