Windows 10: what is the best procedure for Formatting the C Drive, then downloading a clean Win11?

Discus and support what is the best procedure for Formatting the C Drive, then downloading a clean Win11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; What is the best procedure for Formatting the C Drive and then downloading a clean win11? Since the current Operating System is on the C Drive, I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gpurg1, Oct 9, 2024 at 8:42 PM.

1. Gpurg1 Win User

what is the best procedure for Formatting the C Drive, then downloading a clean Win11?

What is the best procedure for Formatting the C Drive and then downloading a clean win11? Since the current Operating System is on the C Drive, I don't want to get jammed up in a mess I could have avoided. Yes, I could simply upgrade from my Win10 to 11 but have had issues with the system and the SSD and want to go this route before MSFS 2024 arrives.

:)

2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

3. C: drive wrong format

some how and not knowing when my C drive on my laptop became a format GPT?
    I noticed it when trying to do a re deploy using Macrium.
    right now I am doing a clean all.
    could some tell me what steps to be sure it will be ntfs when I will be re installing 1511 10586 which I just created.
    Will a clean install put everything right?
    Shipinomore

shipinomore10, Oct 9, 2024 at 8:45 PM
  4. what is the best procedure for Formatting the C Drive, then downloading a clean Win11?

Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 9, 2024 at 8:45 PM
Thema:

what is the best procedure for Formatting the C Drive, then downloading a clean Win11?

1. what is the best procedure for Formatting the C Drive, then downloading a clean Win11? - Similar Threads - best procedure Formatting

2. what is the best procedure for Formatting the C Drive, then downloading a clean Win11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the best procedure for Formatting the C Drive, then downloading a clean Win11?: What is the best procedure for Formatting the C Drive and then downloading a clean win11? Since the current Operating System is on the C Drive, I don't want to get jammed up in a mess I could have avoided. Yes, I could simply upgrade from my Win10 to 11 but have had issues...
  3. Best procedure to wipe windows clean in Virtual Machine and start over

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best procedure to wipe windows clean in Virtual Machine and start over: Hi, I use a VMWare Workstation Player 17 the free version to run a licensed Windows 10 operating system.I use this VM to practice and run programs and stay isolated from my main system.The VM is running slow, and I am trying to troubleshoot this.I would like to wipe the VM...
  4. Best procedure to wipe windows clean in Virtual Machine and start over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best procedure to wipe windows clean in Virtual Machine and start over: Hi, I use a VMWare Workstation Player 17 the free version to run a licensed Windows 10 operating system.I use this VM to practice and run programs and stay isolated from my main system.The VM is running slow, and I am trying to troubleshoot this.I would like to wipe the VM...
  5. Best procedure to wipe windows clean in Virtual Machine and start over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Clean C drive

Clean C drive: Hello all, I want to clean my C disk to factory windows 10, but if i choose remove everything > Only the drive where windows is installed C drive > Just remove my files; it needs 3.46Gb more to clean up, i'm afraid to choose the other option, because i think it could remove...
  7. What's the best way to backup a full drive before I format it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to backup a full drive before I format it?: I have an old OS drive that I'd like to nuke, but I want to backup the OS to a drive in case I ever need to access it. I'd love to keep the boot information in case I need to actually boot into the OS. If I can't do that, it's not the end of the world. Should I use the...
  8. C: Drive Formatting.

C: Drive Formatting.: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now ive installed on another Drive called D drive on to my new SSD D: drive and it's been running fine on D drive for months and I want to format all of the c drive to use for new storage item whatever they me. Will that be ok to go...
  9. what is the best and safest way to format a storage drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what is the best and safest way to format a storage drive: I have my OS on an SSD and then I have 3 2 TB hard drives that I use to have a triple redundancy backup. I have one drive I save everything to and then I use a program called GoodSync to back up that main drive to two other drives. It is a bit overkill but I know I will have...
  10. If I format my C drive for clean installation.......

If I format my C drive for clean installation.......: I would like to clean install my Desktop PC having Windows 10 Pro 10586 OS upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to OS 10240 and from 10240 to 10586. If I format my C drive and use my bootable Recovery USB, will it be possible to install OS with it. Please note that this was created a...