Windows 10: What is difference between Onboard NIC IPV4 and IPV6?

Discus and support What is difference between Onboard NIC IPV4 and IPV6? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to make a clean boot up of Windows 11.I made the Windows media creation tool USB flash drive.When I restarted the computer in the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesBenet, Sep 27, 2024.

1. What is difference between Onboard NIC IPV4 and IPV6?

I am trying to make a clean boot up of Windows 11.I made the Windows media creation tool USB flash drive.When I restarted the computer in the Windows Recovery Mode,the screen asked me to select a device. The choices are these:Onboard NIC IPV4 or Onboard NIC IPV6. What is the difference and which on should I choose?

:)

JamesBenet, Sep 27, 2024

2. I am attempting to do a clean install of Windows 11. (Aurora r13) installation media on a USB thumb drive.

I was able to successfully create the installation media on a USB thumb drive. However, when I performed the steps for the actual installation I got up to the Use a device screen but my thumb drive does not appear on the list. The two options that do appear are: Onboard NIC (IPV4) and Onboard NIC (IPV6). Suggestions? Thanks.

Jerome Jordan, Sep 27, 2024
  3. Clean installation of Windows 10 using installation media

Greetings. I am attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 using the instructions found at Reinstall Windows - Microsoft Support .
    I was able to successfully create the installation media on a USB thumb drive. However, when I performed the steps for the actual installation I got up to the Use a device screen but my thumb drive does not appear on the list. The two options that do appear
    are: Onboard NIC (IPV4) and Onboard NIC (IPV6). Suggestions? Thanks.

TeddVanWagner, Sep 27, 2024
  4. What is difference between Onboard NIC IPV4 and IPV6?

Random Mac for Onboard NIC

Hi

Does random mac feature applied to a laptop onboard NIC besides WiFi connection?

Reason I asked is that I already have this feature disabled for WiFi connection and I'm using onboard NIC, however I noticed from my DHCP leases, the mac shown from the connection is always different, it is not showing the physical mac for the onboard NIC.

-Thanks

Garrettteo, Sep 27, 2024
Thema:

What is difference between Onboard NIC IPV4 and IPV6?

1. What is difference between Onboard NIC IPV4 and IPV6? - Similar Threads - difference between Onboard

2. What is difference between Onboard NIC IPV4 and IPV6?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is difference between Onboard NIC IPV4 and IPV6?: I am trying to make a clean boot up of Windows 11.I made the Windows media creation tool USB flash drive.When I restarted the computer in the Windows Recovery Mode,the screen asked me to select a device. The choices are these:Onboard NIC IPV4 or Onboard NIC IPV6. What is the...
  3. What is the Difference Between IPV6 Local and IPV6 Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Difference Between IPV6 Local and IPV6 Internet: in the NetworkProfile logs of Event Viewer, I can see Event ID 10000 which show wifi connections and display their names; either "Identifying", my wifi's name, or "Unidentified network", which I've been told refers to the built in Wifi Adapter I use an Ethernet...
  4. What is the Difference Between IPV6 Local and IPV6 Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the Difference Between IPV6 Local and IPV6 Internet: in the NetworkProfile logs of Event Viewer, I can see Event ID 10000 which show wifi connections and display their names; either "Identifying", my wifi's name, or "Unidentified network", which I've been told refers to the built in Wifi Adapter I use an Ethernet...
  5. What is the Difference Between IPV6 Local and IPV6 Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. IPv6 connectivity is dropping but not IPv4

IPv6 connectivity is dropping but not IPv4: I work with many open SSH sessions at least six using tmux. After a few hours, the sessions to IPv6 addresses are dropping. The ones to IPv4 are not. I am able to confirm that I have lost all IPv6 connectivity using the site https://test-ipv6.com/ Using ipConfig, I see...
  7. Ipv4/ipv6

Ipv4/ipv6: My Wifi was not working on my pc but it was every where else so I used the Network Reset feature which was reccomended to me by the trouble shoot guide and now there are loads of issues. First when i go to the wifi tab in the bottom right it doesn’t say anything except...
  8. ipv4/ipv6 disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ipv4/ipv6 disconnected: i have a hp stream laptop and after a update it wont connect to any wireless network and i have tried everything, even factory reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipv4ipv6-disconnected/fa296f44-81e8-443d-95c9-84380c06412a
  9. IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?: Hi, I did a clean install of my Win10 Home about a week ago and it all turned out for the good. However, tonight while nosing around my Network Connections I notice I am connected to the Internet by Ethernet (Realtek PCle GBF Family Controller) which I thought I was since...
  10. Finding out IPv6 or IPv4

Finding out IPv6 or IPv4: A dns server not always recognizes for a site the IPv6 number and provides then the IPv4 number. How to find out with IE or Firefox and a certain Website, whether there is an IPv6 or IPv4 connection? 93791