Windows 10: What if u replace my Dell latitude’a palm rest

Discus and support What if u replace my Dell latitude’a palm rest in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I want to replace my palm rest for my dell latitude e5430 cuz it’s worn off kinda, but the thing is that the palm rest that I want, has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Albi Barti, Jul 27, 2022.

1. What if u replace my Dell latitude’a palm rest

Hi, I want to replace my palm rest for my dell latitude e5430 cuz it’s worn off kinda, but the thing is that the palm rest that I want, has a fingerprint scanner and my doesn’t. Sooo I wanted to ask if I replace it with the new one, can Dell SupportAssist still give me the drivers? Best Regards!

:)

Albi Barti, Jul 27, 2022

2. Dell Latitude Screen Replacement

I've got a Dell Latitude 2100 with a damaged dysplay screen, and want to replace it.

Do i have to get a screen from same kind of laptop, or are there screens from other 10.1 inch laptops screens that match this model of Dell?

Filip Georgievski, Jul 27, 2022
  3. silentbogo, Jul 27, 2022
  4. What if u replace my Dell latitude’a palm rest

No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

Hello,My laptop (Dell Latitude E5430) was working perfectly till yesterday. But yesterday night, it restarted on its own and ever since, it's stuck at this screen:

What if u replace my Dell latitude’a palm rest [​IMG]

Also, inside the BIOS, no UEFI bootable hard disk drive is being listed.

The UEFI flash disk option shown above is that of my bootable pen drive with Windows 10 installation copy.I googled this issue a bit and the results were as follows:
    1. one thread suggested that I should run Dell's internal diagnostics to see if there anything wrong with hard disk. I did that but every component, including the hard disk one, passed these internal test.
    2. a second thread suggested that I should try to remove and reseat the hard disk. I did that following Dell's user manual.
    3. another thread suggested that I should reinstall my windows 10 afresh. But when I try to do so, the windows installation wizard doesn't list any drive in the hard disk. It's as if it doesn't detect hard disk at all.
    In a nutshell, while the hard disk is being detected, but none of its drives is. However, the hard disk consisted of 3 drives:
    1. C: with the windows' and applications' installations,
    2. D: with all of my data,
    3. E: which was recovery drive.
    Any troubleshooting suggestions?I'm sorry I am not able to help you guys with any logs and stuff because I don't know how to get them when I can't get my Windows to boot. I'm not even sure if this is the correct section where I should be posting this thread.. I'm just so confused right now. *cry

A few weeks ago, I had upgraded (not fresh installation) from windows 10 version 1607 to 20H2. The version 1607 installation was a clean one (from scratch, after formatting the hard disk and creating new partitions).

Ten64BitUser, Jul 27, 2022
Thema:

What if u replace my Dell latitude’a palm rest

1. What if u replace my Dell latitude’a palm rest - Similar Threads - replace Dell latitude’a

2. Dell replaced a 2yr-old laptop because of multiple issues. Read rest of "story" below

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell replaced a 2yr-old laptop because of multiple issues. Read rest of "story" below: Dell replaced a 2yr-old laptop because of multiple issues. The one that they sent me must have something "different" about the keyboard, because in the middle of typing a word or sentence, the cursor jumps up a line or two and if I'm NOT looking as I type distracting to me...
  3. Dell replaced a 2yr-old laptop because of multiple issues. Read rest of "story" below

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell replaced a 2yr-old laptop because of multiple issues. Read rest of "story" below: Dell replaced a 2yr-old laptop because of multiple issues. The one that they sent me must have something "different" about the keyboard, because in the middle of typing a word or sentence, the cursor jumps up a line or two and if I'm NOT looking as I type distracting to me...
  4. What do u think of my desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do u think of my desktop background: what do u think of my desktop background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-u-think-of-my-desktop-background/2e791ea0-b2a1-4448-9f85-9e05f20307c7
  5. Palm rejection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Palm rejection: Hi, I just bought a lenovo ideapad duet 5i. When I move my palm in the screen while writing it makes the page move. I checked the box of ignore touch while writing both on Windows and Onenote. My pen is lenovo active pen 3 and its non bluetooth. Is there a way in Windows to...
  6. Palm rejection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Palm rejection: Hi, I just bought a lenovo ideapad duet 5i. When I move my palm in the screen while writing it makes the page move. I checked the box of ignore touch while writing both on Windows and Onenote. My pen is lenovo active pen 3 and its non bluetooth. Is there a way in Windows to...
  7. What if u replace my Dell latitude’a palm rest

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What if u replace my Dell latitude’a palm rest: Hi, I want to replace my palm rest for my dell latitude e5430 cuz it’s worn off kinda, but the thing is that the palm rest that I want, has a fingerprint scanner and my doesn’t. Sooo I wanted to ask if I replace it with the new one, can Dell SupportAssist still give me the...
  8. What if u replace my Dell latitude’a palm rest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What if u replace my Dell latitude’a palm rest: Hi, I want to replace my palm rest for my dell latitude e5430 cuz it’s worn off kinda, but the thing is that the palm rest that I want, has a fingerprint scanner and my doesn’t. Sooo I wanted to ask if I replace it with the new one, can Dell SupportAssist still give me the...
  9. How to clean the palm rest on the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard?

How to clean the palm rest on the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard?: I've used my keyboard for a year now, the fabric on palm rest is getting my hand cream rubbed on. Could you advise how to clean the palm rest and is there replacement part that I can purchase?Thank you,Tina...
  10. Palm m500

Palm m500: After a recent windows update, the Palm menu screen on my Lenovo laptop has changed to a Media menu screen. I cannot access the address book, date or memo screens. I am being asked to install WMP/DirectX and Apple Quick Time on my PC and am afraid to do this. What should I...