Windows 10: What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed?

Discus and support What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When we install Defender for Business on a workstation running the built-in Defender what happens to the built-in Defender? Is the process like an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ServiceLine, Apr 5, 2023.

1. What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed?

When we install Defender for Business on a workstation running the built-in Defender what happens to the built-in Defender? Is the process like an upgrade to built-in Defender?

:)

ServiceLine, Apr 5, 2023

2. Defender

Hi Rod,

Windows Defender is built-in app to Windows 10. To start Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below:

• Open Start Menu > Settings > Update & security.
    • Select Windows Defender, then turn Real-time protection on.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Justine Pel, Apr 5, 2023
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Apr 5, 2023
  4. What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed?

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 5, 2023
Thema:

What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed?

1. What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed? - Similar Threads - happens built defender

2. what's happening with windows defender on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's happening with windows defender on windows 11?: what's going on with windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-happening-with-windows-defender-on-windows/3cbb4642-614f-43f7-85b4-373363751084
  3. what's happening with windows defender on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what's happening with windows defender on windows 11?: what's going on with windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-happening-with-windows-defender-on-windows/3cbb4642-614f-43f7-85b4-373363751084
  4. What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed?: When we install Defender for Business on a workstation running the built-in Defender what happens to the built-in Defender? Is the process like an upgrade to built-in Defender?...
  5. What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed?: When we install Defender for Business on a workstation running the built-in Defender what happens to the built-in Defender? Is the process like an upgrade to built-in Defender?...
  6. Defender for business policies

Defender for business policies: we are about to implement Defender for Business but already use inTune, I'm not sure if I'm just over thinking things but we have some conditional access policies already setup in Endpoint manager, will these be affected if we use DfB as the management system, or should we...
  7. Defender for Endpoint P2 migration to Defender for Business

Defender for Endpoint P2 migration to Defender for Business: We currently have Defender for Endpoint P2 and would like to take advantage of Defender for Business that comes with Business Premium. We are concerned what will happen when we drop the P2 license, will the configuration transition to Defender for Business or will we need to...
  8. windows defender business information

windows defender business information: I was here because i have to find out the way to remove my virus and malware from my website so i got only solution of windows defender which help me in this all procedure to remove any kind of virus from my website. With a big amount of registered cars in Dubai, you...
  9. Windows Defender 99% Detection so whats happening

Windows Defender 99% Detection so whats happening: Windows Security is Top Class now so why is the Forum littered with cries for help. Ransomeware, Viruses ,Trojans . I cant understand it are they on the Internet to Hell . Where do they go as kids your told dont poke your finger in the fire you will get burnt and they do it...
  10. Windows defender antiviru built in

Windows defender antiviru built in: I purchased a hp laptop with windows defender built in. It also came with a free trial of MacAfee that has expired. Do I need any other virus/malware protection besides the built in Windows defender and if so what would you recommend?...