Windows 10: What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission?

Discus and support What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Seriously, what the fudge was Micro$oft thinking with this absolute idiocy? Whomever came up with this needs to be fired and then fed to a pack of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JimIsntAPunk, Jul 10, 2024.

1. What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission?

Seriously, what the fudge was Micro$oft thinking with this absolute idiocy? Whomever came up with this needs to be fired and then fed to a pack of ravenous wolves. Stop trying to force unwanted features on your users. Stop effing with people's settings. It's unwanted, invasive, and unacceptable. Keep this BS up and I'll switch to Linux. Sort yourself out.

:)

JimIsntAPunk, Jul 10, 2024

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jul 10, 2024
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 10, 2024
  4. What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission?

Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission?

1. What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission? - Similar Threads - dog **** thought

2. What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission?: Seriously, what the fudge was Micro$oft thinking with this absolute idiocy? Whomever came up with this needs to be fired and then fed to a pack of ravenous wolves. Stop trying to force unwanted features on your users. Stop effing with people's settings. It's unwanted,...
  3. What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What dog **** thought I wanted windows to change my background without my permission?: Seriously, what the fudge was Micro$oft thinking with this absolute idiocy? Whomever came up with this needs to be fired and then fed to a pack of ravenous wolves. Stop trying to force unwanted features on your users. Stop effing with people's settings. It's unwanted,...
  4. Why is my background picture changing without my will?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my background picture changing without my will?: I have tried setting as background another picture from the personalization menu. I selected picture and then I set the one I wanted. Bc it was in the wrong orientation, I rotated the picture and chose it again with the new orientation as a background for my Desktop in...
  5. Why is my background picture changing without my will?

Why is my background picture changing without my will?: I have tried setting as background another picture from the personalization menu. I selected picture and then I set the one I wanted. Bc it was in the wrong orientation, I rotated the picture and chose it again with the new orientation as a background for my Desktop in...
  6. I cant change my background app permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant change my background app permissions: I cant see the setting to change my background settings and I need to do so any ideas why i cant? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-background-app-permissions/81234c5d-2370-4848-9122-d67ead2d010e
  7. I cant change my background app permissions

I cant change my background app permissions: I cant see the setting to change my background settings and I need to do so any ideas why i cant? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-background-app-permissions/81234c5d-2370-4848-9122-d67ead2d010e
  8. What was my last dogs name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What was my last dogs name?: My dogs name was Sandy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-was-my-last-dogs-name/12ee3818-e644-4e52-afa9-4bc55eb68668"
  9. What is my dog's name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is my dog's name: When I turn my computer on I get a blue screen that says my computer must be restarted with critical error Critical service failed. And then it goes to the Dell computer screen and it says diagnosing your PC. And it stays at that screen forever. If I turn off the computer...
  10. Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Changed My Sign-on Without My Permission: Frankly, my migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 was relatively smooth. Thanks to all the online advice about download and installation, any glitches I've encountered have been resolved.....until yesterday. I do not live my life online so the need to create a Microsoft...