Windows 10: What does "[Remote Desktop Services] It stops responding." mean?

Discus and support What does "[Remote Desktop Services] It stops responding." mean? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was looking at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/september-10-2024-kb5043080-os-build-26100-1742-407666c8-6b6d-4561-a982-abce4e7c2efb and saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 54y5hhr, Sep 28, 2024 at 9:37 AM.

1. 54y5hhr Win User

What does "[Remote Desktop Services] It stops responding." mean?

I was looking at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/september-10-2024-kb5043080-os-build-26100-1742-407666c8-6b6d-4561-a982-abce4e7c2efb and saw that remote desktop services stops responding? what does that mean? is it like remote desktop is fixed from a problem where it stops responding or did microsoft stop remote desktop services from responding?

:)

2. jshjms Win User

Remote Desktop Connection Stops Audio on Remote Computer (Windows 10)

Hi AK6795, thanks for sharing your reply.

First launch Remote Desktop,
    Click the 'Start' button and type: services.msc (then hit enter)
    The services window will appear, find the 'Windows Audio' service and double click on it. Change the Startup Type from Manual to Automatic. Click OK.
    Now click the Play button to start the service right away.
    Try playing something in your remote computer, chances are it will function now. If not move to the next step.
    If the audio device is missing you will need to enable it for RDP:

This was already set to "Automatic" on both computers so not needed to do this step.

Type gpedit.msc in search box, and press Enter.
    Find Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Device and Resource Redirection
    Double click Allow audio and video playback redirection on right panel.
    Set the policy to enable or not configured.
    Restart the Remote Desktop Configuration service, followed by the Remote Desktop Services service.
    Reconnect via RDP and it should now detect audio.

I completed this step on the remote desktop but after connecting to the remote desktop the audio still stops.

First launch Remote Desktop, for help see:
    Click to 'Show Options' if it is not already.
    Click the Local Resources tab.
    Under “Remote audio”, Click "Settings"
    Ensure Remote Audio Playback is set to "Play on this computer"
    Login to the remote computer which needs audio enabled.

This option has always been selected and the audio never worked. As seen in my original post photo attachment.

I think it is worth mentioning again:

• My goal for the remote computer is act as an audio player. It is hooked up to my speakers in another room and plays audio from a streaming website.

✅ When I play audio through VLC player on the remote computer, the audio continues to work.

❌ When I play audio on a website (youtube, accuradio, etc.). The player actually stops, therefore the audio stops.

Is there a way to keep the audio playing in a web browser when connecting and disconnecting from the remote desktop ?

3. David Haz Win User
    Remote desktop rebooting

Hi,

We may need more information about the issue on the remote desktop that keeps rebooting, kindly respond to the following questions:

• How do you access the remote desktop?
    • Is the process of the connection through a wireless connection?
    We suggest that you check your firewall or antivirus settings if it is blocking the connection between the two devices.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

4. What does "[Remote Desktop Services] It stops responding." mean?

Remote desktops service keeps stoping

Hello,

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check if there are any updates available for Windows and install them.

2. Check if the Remote Desktop service is set to start automatically. To do this, run "services.msc" and press Enter. Look for the "Remote Desktop Services" service and check if it's set to start automatically.

3. Try resetting the Remote Desktop service. To do this, open Command Prompt as an administrator and type the following commands:

net stop termservice

net start termservice

4. If the issue persists, you can enable “Show Analytic and Debug Logs” and check if there are any errors in the Event Viewer related to the Remote Desktop service.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Regards,

Thema:

What does "[Remote Desktop Services] It stops responding." mean?

1. What does "[Remote Desktop Services] It stops responding." mean? - Similar Threads - does Remote Desktop

2. What does "[Remote Desktop Services] It stops responding." mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does "[Remote Desktop Services] It stops responding." mean?: I was looking at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/september-10-2024-kb5043080-os-build-26100-1742-407666c8-6b6d-4561-a982-abce4e7c2efb and saw that remote desktop services stops responding? what does that mean? is it like remote desktop is fixed from a problem where...
  3. What does it mean when netstat shows as a remote connection DESKTOP:<port number>

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does it mean when netstat shows as a remote connection DESKTOP:<port number>: I don't have remote desktop installed, yet sometimes I have interference and I sometimes when I run netstat get as a remote connection DESKTOP:<port number> - what does this mean? Is someone somehow connecting to my desktop through a remote connection or is it something else?...
  4. what does it mean that the DNS server is not responding?

what does it mean that the DNS server is not responding?: What am i supposed to type here i already asked the question? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-it-mean-that-the-dns-server-is-not/1a994bd5-b676-4a81-9a9d-865230fd4a6e
  5. what does it mean that the DNS server is not responding?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does it mean that the DNS server is not responding?: What am i supposed to type here i already asked the question? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-it-mean-that-the-dns-server-is-not/1a994bd5-b676-4a81-9a9d-865230fd4a6e
  6. What does stop code INVAILD_MGL_RANGE mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does stop code INVAILD_MGL_RANGE mean?: So I just connet bluetooth threaing I don't know if that correct name and then I connect internet by using my phone and it suddenly blue screen and it tell me "Stop Code: INVAILD_MGL_RANGE" and I try serach in google what is that but there is none in google, so I want to ask...
  7. What does stop code INVAILD_MGL_RANGE mean?

What does stop code INVAILD_MGL_RANGE mean?: So I just connet bluetooth threaing I don't know if that correct name and then I connect internet by using my phone and it suddenly blue screen and it tell me "Stop Code: INVAILD_MGL_RANGE" and I try serach in google what is that but there is none in google, so I want to ask...
  8. What does means the options ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN and IGNORES_SHUTDOWN in a service?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does means the options ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN and IGNORES_SHUTDOWN in a service?: Hello all, I have one simple question. Some services have ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN and others have IGNORES_SHUTDOWN. What does that means? Here some examples: C:\Windows\system32>sc query omniinet SERVICE_NAME: omniinet TYPE : 10...
  9. What Does This Icon By Desktop Shortcuts Mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What Does This Icon By Desktop Shortcuts Mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Whoevien20 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2lcem/what_does_this_icon_by_desktop_shortcuts_mean/
  10. What does it mean when the Windows Print Spooling Service has stopped? Who stopped it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What does it mean when the Windows Print Spooling Service has stopped? Who stopped it?: All of a sudden, my printer wouldn't print. And I got the strangest error message. I have no idea what it mans nor how to fix it...HELP? Please????? Problem is, I have no idea how to attach the screenshot I took. Anyway, the message said I couldn't print because the Windows...