Windows 10: What do the different types of Microsoft Product Keys mean?

Discus and support What do the different types of Microsoft Product Keys mean? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Many software programs at the time of installation require users to enter a Product […] This article What do the different types of Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 10, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

What do the different types of Microsoft Product Keys mean?

WinClub, Oct 10, 2020

2. type key product

[table][tr][td]0xC004E003[/td][td]The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed.[/td][/tr][/table]

If you received one of the error codes in this list, go to method C.

Method C: Use the "Change product key" feature to enter your product key again

This method is rated: Easy.

If you were directed to this method, you have the correct product key, but you have to try entering it again to reactivate Windows. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start

What do the different types of Microsoft Product Keys mean? 4013440_en_1.jpg

, click Computer, and then click System properties on the toolbar.
    2. In the Windows activation section, click the Change product key. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click
      Continue.
    3. In the Product key box, type the product key, and then click
      Next.

Note Use your original product key.
    4. Follow the steps in the Windows Activation Wizard to complete the activation process.
    If this method worked, you are finished.

If this method did not work for you, go to method G.

Etc>

List of Activation error codes and what to do about them:

Error message when you try to activate Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
    "An error has occurred"

Contact Microsoft:

The COA sticker, which has the Product Key on it, is either on the underside of the Laptop or in the Battery Compartment.

With a Desktop it is either on the side, rear or top of the Computer Case.

What do the different types of Microsoft Product Keys mean? gsPE6.gif

Activate Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 - Windows Help - Microsoft Support

When you begin activation, Windows will try to use your Internet connection to activate online. If you have problems activating online, you can activate using the phone.

If you have to use Phone Activation, read this detailed information about using that method:

"How to Activate Windows 7 by Phone"

Activate Windows 7 by Phone - Windows 7 Help Forums

If you have problems using that method contact Microsoft Support:

To contact Microsoft Support:

Contact support

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/contact-support

Also:
    https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-au/contact/menu/software/windows/setup/

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 10, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. What do the different types of Microsoft Product Keys mean? - Similar Threads - different types Microsoft

2. What do these mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  3. What do these mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do these mean?: Do not mind the pcture of me n the frst photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-these-mean/14eca1b7-88b2-4190-bca3-035cbbe64f58
  4. Product keys and their types.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product keys and their types.: Hello, I am Komosh. I have completed building my PC. Now I am installing Windows 10 and it says me to enter a product key. So I want to know,1. where can I get that key? And,2. what are the different types of keys MS provides to normal persons?...
  5. Product keys and their types.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product keys and their types.: Hello, I am Komosh. I have completed building my PC. Now I am installing Windows 10 and it says me to enter a product key. So I want to know,1. where can I get that key? And,2. what are the different types of keys MS provides to normal persons?...
  6. Product keys and their types.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Different Product Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different Product Keys: So I was going to reinstall windows, and decided to get my product key. I got this pc from someone with w10 pro already installed. I go to cmd, and type the text that displays the key, and I get a key. Just to make sure, I do the notepad.vbs script and I get a different key....
  8. different product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    different product key: I can not activate windows 10. 0x8007007B error in my display. please give me different product key. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-product-key/706a4405-de9e-4c92-9312-875c8ed0a859
  9. Different Product Keys

Different Product Keys: I am trying to determine the product key for system incase I need to reinstall windows. I have a windows 10 install along with a product key I used to activate windows. However when I run this command in powershell "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get...
  10. Different Product Keys?

Different Product Keys?: Would appreciate your help. *Smile Have an Acer with a COA showing the product key for Windows 7. Ran Belarc Advisor, and it shows a different Product key for Windows 7. Any clues as to why he PKs do not match? Also, planning to install Windows 10 Home, and...