Windows 10: What do I do if I can't reset my pin and I forgot it?

Discus and support What do I do if I can't reset my pin and I forgot it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; please help me, i forgot my Microsoft pin and every time i try to reset it it doesn't let me. i don't know if its bugged or if i did something wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Becky Xiong, Jul 31, 2024.

1. What do I do if I can't reset my pin and I forgot it?

please help me, i forgot my Microsoft pin and every time i try to reset it it doesn't let me. i don't know if its bugged or if i did something wrong please help i just want to play minecraft

:)

Becky Xiong, Jul 31, 2024

2. Unable to reset pin

Trying to reset Microsoft PIN, when trying the steps in settings, forgot pin, try to reset, screen message wait a moment then does nothing. How can I get the pin reset?

Hannah Walker_107, Jul 31, 2024
  3. I forgot my pin for my window 10

If you have forgotten your PIN for Windows 10 on your laptop, don't worry, there are a few ways you can reset it.

1. Use your Microsoft account password: If you have set up a Microsoft account to sign in to your Windows 10 laptop, you can use your account password to sign in instead of the PIN. Click on "Sign-in options" on the login screen and select "Password" to enter your Microsoft account password.
    2. Reset your PIN using your Microsoft account: If you have set up a Microsoft account to sign in to your Windows 10 laptop, you can reset your PIN using your account. Click on "I forgot my PIN" on the login screen and follow the instructions to reset your PIN.
    3. Reset your PIN using the command prompt: If you are unable to reset your PIN using your Microsoft account, you can use the command prompt to reset it. Follow these steps:
    • Press the Windows key + X and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".
    • Type the command "net user [your username] *" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
    • You will be prompted to enter a new password. Enter a new password and press Enter.
    • You will be prompted to confirm your new password. Enter it again and press Enter.
    • Your PIN should now be reset.
    1. Reset your PIN using a password reset disk: If you have created a password reset disk before you forgot your PIN, you can use it to reset your PIN. Insert the password reset disk into your laptop and click on "Reset Password" on the login screen. Follow the instructions to reset your PIN.
    If none of these methods work, you may need to reset your laptop to its factory settings. However, this will delete all your data and installed apps, so it should be your last resort.

65469cec-2b17-4516-ba75-4ed12f8e3083, Jul 31, 2024
  4. What do I do if I can't reset my pin and I forgot it?

forgot pin on lap top

Forgot pin on laptop. it is listed in my MS account. Ask for a challenge question on sign in, I have no idea what that is. Gives a password hint, no idea what that means. I am 85 and not understanding instructions. Is there a way to go to the device listed on MS account and reset pin number. sorry, just old and forgetful.

neillharrell, Jul 31, 2024
Thema:

What do I do if I can't reset my pin and I forgot it?

1. What do I do if I can't reset my pin and I forgot it? - Similar Threads - can't reset pin

2. I’m not able to reset my pin, what do I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m not able to reset my pin, what do I do: So i ended up forgetting my pin, so as anyone would do I pressed “ forgot my pin” and did the whole process, but every single time it would say “something went wrong, we weren’t able to set up your pin, try again later” so I waited and tried again later but the same issue...
  3. What do I do if I can't reset my pin and I forgot it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do if I can't reset my pin and I forgot it?: please help me, i forgot my Microsoft pin and every time i try to reset it it doesn't let me. i don't know if its bugged or if i did something wrong please help i just want to play minecraft...
  4. What do I do when the I forgot my pin button doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do when the I forgot my pin button doesn't work?: I forgot my PIN for windows hello now i cant get in to my computer. When I press i forgot my pin it sends me back to the start screen and nothing appears. Im using another computer for this so i cant take a screenshot...
  5. What do I do when the I forgot my pin button doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I do when the I forgot my pin button doesn't work?: I forgot my PIN for windows hello now i cant get in to my computer. When I press i forgot my pin it sends me back to the start screen and nothing appears. Im using another computer for this so i cant take a screenshot...
  6. My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?: I can't log onto my computer. I get a message that says, "Something happened, and your pin isn't available. Click to set up your pin again." When I click on it, nothing happens. I have tried to start in safe mode, but the same message comes up. trying to start it in any other...
  7. My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?: I can't log onto my computer. I get a message that says, "Something happened, and your pin isn't available. Click to set up your pin again." When I click on it, nothing happens. I have tried to start in safe mode, but the same message comes up. trying to start it in any other...
  8. My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?

9. I forgot my PIN and can't reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my PIN and can't reset it: It says something went wrongwe weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again or skip this step and set up a pin later. This happened in the sign in screen...
  10. I forgot my PIN and can't reset it

I forgot my PIN and can't reset it: It says something went wrongwe weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again or skip this step and set up a pin later. This happened in the sign in screen...