Windows 10: What causes these dumps?

Discus and support What causes these dumps? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have had an increased amount of blue screens in the past few days. Also an unusual "color fading" where the top of the blue screen slowly blacks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DualMofiz, Jan 31, 2023.

1. DualMofiz Win User

What causes these dumps?

Hi,I have had an increased amount of blue screens in the past few days. Also an unusual "color fading" where the top of the blue screen slowly blacks out towards the bottom. These are the Dump Files. Anyone knows what the issue could be? Thanks in advance.

:)

DualMofiz, Jan 31, 2023
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Latest update from Windows has caused blue screen of death?!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • Did you reinstall the update and the application after resetting the computer to factory settings?

We need crash dumps in order to know what is causing this issue and suggest the appropriate steps to follow.

We have sent you a private message, please reply to the message along with the crash dumps. Dump files can be found in C:\Windows/Minidump/*.dmp.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try with the steps mentioned in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and see if it works.

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 31, 2023
  3. What causes a Physical Memory Dump?

The cause is listed on the blue screen, when booting press F8 and select the option that says "don't reset on BSOD's", not sure what it's called.

DanTheBanjoman, Jan 31, 2023
  4. axe0 Win User

What causes these dumps?

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums What causes these dumps? :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

What causes these dumps? [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

Thema:

What causes these dumps?

1. What causes these dumps? - Similar Threads - causes dumps

2. Can Someone Check These DUMP Files point out What's causing the WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Someone Check These DUMP Files point out What's causing the WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR?: Here is the Link to the Dump Files: Minidump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-check-these-dump-files-point-out-whats/a5e609c5-b8e5-4e8a-be76-5390da0a6406
  3. Can Someone Check These DUMP Files point out What's causing the WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Someone Check These DUMP Files point out What's causing the WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR?: Here is the Link to the Dump Files: Minidump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-check-these-dump-files-point-out-whats/a5e609c5-b8e5-4e8a-be76-5390da0a6406
  4. Can Someone Check These DUMP Files point out What's causing the WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What is causing my BSOD? dump file description provided "clock watch dog time out"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing my BSOD? dump file description provided "clock watch dog time out": Attached are the dump files. Regularly getting clock watchdog timeout bsod errors. Not overclocking pc, msi x570 motherboard, 32gb ram, cpu ryzen 5 3600, loaded onto an internal ssd. I do not understand what is causing these crashes as its seemingly random yet incessant....
  6. What is causing my BSOD? dump file description provided "clock watch dog time out"

What is causing my BSOD? dump file description provided "clock watch dog time out": Attached are the dump files. Regularly getting clock watchdog timeout bsod errors. Not overclocking pc, msi x570 motherboard, 32gb ram, cpu ryzen 5 3600, loaded onto an internal ssd. I do not understand what is causing these crashes as its seemingly random yet incessant....
  7. Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. Is this causing my PC to crash...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. Is this causing my PC to crash...: I've been having this issue on and off for a couple months now and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the issue is. I've tried googling every error message and warning I've found around the time of each crash and implemented any fixes that were given, many of which...
  8. Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. Is this causing my PC to crash...

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. Is this causing my PC to crash...: I've been having this issue on and off for a couple months now and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the issue is. I've tried googling every error message and warning I've found around the time of each crash and implemented any fixes that were given, many of which...
  9. What specifically is causing Stop Code: DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE based on my dump files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What specifically is causing Stop Code: DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE based on my dump files?: Whether I shut my PC down or put it into sleep mode- upon waking after a few minutes it locks up and I receive the power driver state failure blue screen. Nothing I try from my web searches seems to work in fixing this. I was told the answer could be in my dump files, however...
  10. What specifically is causing Stop Code: DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE based on my dump files?

What specifically is causing Stop Code: DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE based on my dump files?: Whether I shut my PC down or put it into sleep mode- upon waking after a few minutes it locks up and I receive the power driver state failure blue screen. Nothing I try from my web searches seems to work in fixing this. I was told the answer could be in my dump files, however...