Windows 10: What are these processes?

Discus and support What are these processes? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I went to shutdown one program that had frozen on me in task manager. While searching for said program I found these in the processes list. I know that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Quito382, Jun 27, 2024.

1. Quito382 Win User

What are these processes?

I went to shutdown one program that had frozen on me in task manager. While searching for said program I found these in the processes list. I know that taskhosw.exe is important to running Windows but what are the other 2? The "registerDevice -Periodic" and the string of numbers and letters. I've never seen those those two before. Is it normal to see these running in the background? or is it malicious?

:)

Quito382, Jun 27, 2024
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 27, 2024
  3. Johnny5 Win User
    Building Again

I just tried to swap the hard drive for the one you suggested keakar but i purchased rush processing so its already in step 3... *Big Grin What are these processes? :D

Johnny5, Jun 27, 2024
  4. What are these processes?

Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 27, 2024
Thema:

What are these processes?

1. What are these processes? - Similar Threads - are processes

2. How do I fix Critical process died?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix Critical process died?: I recently got a pc for the first time., I got it and it was working fine. One day I logged on and my system blue screen twice and then worked fine after. Recently though it just keeps blue screening with the error message “Critical Process Died.” Which I have no idea how to...
  3. How do I fix Critical process died?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix Critical process died?: I recently got a pc for the first time., I got it and it was working fine. One day I logged on and my system blue screen twice and then worked fine after. Recently though it just keeps blue screening with the error message “Critical Process Died.” Which I have no idea how to...
  4. Process: '' PID 4. Freq change System time synchronized with the hardware clock.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Process: '' PID 4. Freq change System time synchronized with the hardware clock.: Dear Sir,We met one OS time discrepancy issue. And the issue only could be reproduced when OS is trying to sync the time from hardware clockProcess ID: PID4. From the DOE, we know that nearly 1 hour, the OS would conduct the 'system time sync' behavior one time. Is there any...
  5. Process: '' PID 4. Freq change System time synchronized with the hardware clock.

Process: '' PID 4. Freq change System time synchronized with the hardware clock.: Dear Sir,We met one OS time discrepancy issue. And the issue only could be reproduced when OS is trying to sync the time from hardware clockProcess ID: PID4. From the DOE, we know that nearly 1 hour, the OS would conduct the 'system time sync' behavior one time. Is there any...
  6. Process: '' PID 4. Freq change System time synchronized with the hardware clock.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. High cpu processes until I go and see.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High cpu processes until I go and see.: Chrome extensions, ms defender, windows update using high cpu in laptops All of my laptops ever. Now on this: IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz /Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050 ... Well 4-6-9 % per process but together they are heating enough. Not some malware or bitcoin...
  8. High cpu processes until I go and see.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu processes until I go and see.: Chrome extensions, ms defender, windows update using high cpu in laptops All of my laptops ever. Now on this: IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz /Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050 ... Well 4-6-9 % per process but together they are heating enough. Not some malware or bitcoin...
  9. High cpu processes until I go and see.

10. How to bring deleted files back on windows 11 after reseted with keep my file process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to bring deleted files back on windows 11 after reseted with keep my file process?: Hi everyoneI am very sad from yesterday because I reseted my laptop within keep my files option and then lost all my ios backups. Windows kept rest of everything in my laptop except ios backups, al ios itunes backups have been deleted by windows. I have lot of very important...