Windows 10: Weird Windows, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge randomly open tabs and play videos

Discus and support Weird Windows, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge randomly open tabs and play videos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This March, i noticed there's something wrong with our PC, it boots slowly, it opens tabs that we dont often use, Opens Edge and Chrome randomly then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ViennyJ, May 30, 2024.

1. ViennyJ Win User

Weird Windows, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge randomly open tabs and play videos

This March, i noticed there's something wrong with our PC, it boots slowly, it opens tabs that we dont often use, Opens Edge and Chrome randomly then closes by itself, open YouTube and "sexual" links, and theres a weird window that opens named "HD Graphic". This happens wether connected to interned or not. I tried to scan it using Microsoft Defender but it didn't scan any threats. pls let me know how to fix it. Sorry for the grammar errors.

:)

ViennyJ, May 30, 2024

2. Stop New Tabs from Automatically Playing Videos

In GOOGLE CHROME, you can open multiple YouTube tabs and the videos won't start playing until you select that tab. In MICROSOFT EDGE, if you open multiple tabs, they will all start playing automatically. How can I stop this?

NickBockman, May 30, 2024
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Microsoft edge won't play video, and downloads will not open.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to play videos without issue on any other browser (Google Chrome, Firefox etc.)?
    This can be due to display card. I would first suggest you to install the latest graphics driver from the computer manufacturer's support website and check the status.

You can also clear the
    Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.

• Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Arul_D, May 30, 2024
  4. MariaTB1 Win User

Weird Windows, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge randomly open tabs and play videos

Microsoft Edge Opens YouTube Mobile; doesn't play videos

Every time that I click on a YouTube link it brings me to the mobile site. When I click on watch video, it opens a dialogue box that asks what app to use. If I open the same link in Google Chrome, it goes right to the YouTube site and the video plays without
    a problem. I like a lot of the features of Microsoft Edge, but I use YouTube a lot in my work as a teacher and I am about ready to delete Edge and go back to relying on Chrome.

I have read some earlier posts and suggestions. None of them seem to work. If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

MariaTB1, May 30, 2024
Thema:

1. Weird Windows, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge randomly open tabs and play videos - Similar Threads - Weird Google Chrome

2. Weird Windows, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge randomly open tabs and play videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Windows, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge randomly open tabs and play videos: This March, i noticed there's something wrong with our PC, it boots slowly, it opens tabs that we dont often use, Opens Edge and Chrome randomly then closes by itself, open YouTube and "sexual" links, and theres a weird window that opens named "HD Graphic". This happens...
  3. Weird Windows, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge randomly open tabs and play videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Windows, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge randomly open tabs and play videos: This March, i noticed there's something wrong with our PC, it boots slowly, it opens tabs that we dont often use, Opens Edge and Chrome randomly then closes by itself, open YouTube and "sexual" links, and theres a weird window that opens named "HD Graphic". This happens...
  4. Google Chrome will automatically play YouTube videos in PiP if you switch tabs

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will automatically play YouTube videos in PiP if you switch tabs: KEY POINTS Google Chrome is introducing an automatic picture-in-picture (PiP) mode for YouTube and other videos. The auto PiP mode is designed to enhance multitasking. For instance, if a user is watching a YouTube tutorial and needs to switch tabs, the video will move to a...
  5. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome: Good morning, I would like to update to windows 11 in the coming days. My laptop is currently running windows 10. As I have a lot of important tabs open in Google Chrome I would like to keep them also after the upgrade. Is that possible? If not, could I just save them as...
  6. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome: Good morning, I would like to update to windows 11 in the coming days. My laptop is currently running windows 10. As I have a lot of important tabs open in Google Chrome I would like to keep them also after the upgrade. Is that possible? If not, could I just save them as...
  7. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Google opening tabs in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google opening tabs in Edge: I use Microsoft Edge & lately Google has been opening search tabs on it's own. It's like it is on a timer. I've ended up with as many as 8 new tabs at one point before I would close them. When I'm in the middle of something & it decides it's time to open a new tab it...
  9. Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome: Greetings, I started having this problem around the time I installed the Windows 10 Home 1909 version, build 18363.535. Web browser tabs are opening without user input. e.g. if I'm working in Firefox, the tab I am in will open my home page. Seemingly, in Edge, a new...
  10. Hyperlinks do not open in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyperlinks do not open in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge: recently when I try to click hyperlinks they don't load sayin that it cant seem to reach the page would you like to search it on bing and when I say do so it tries to load and goes hmmm cant seem to load would you like to load bing using bing. but if I take that same link and...