Windows 10: Weird rectangle refuses to go away

Discus and support Weird rectangle refuses to go away in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Im in Microsoft word and this rectangle popped up when I clicked format painting, not knowing what it was I was just checking stuff out....so now this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lacie haun, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Weird rectangle refuses to go away

Im in Microsoft word and this rectangle popped up when I clicked format painting, not knowing what it was I was just checking stuff out....so now this thing won't go away and makes a ping sound when I try.to click out of it, hit esc, delete, anything else...closing with Ctrl+alt+delete doesnt help its there when i open it back up! Halp!

:)

lacie haun, Aug 8, 2023

2. WiFi icon showing weird rectangle

But does your pc work regularly despite the presence of that rectangle?

It could be a wireless device in your area that is located in the field of your PC. Try following these steps:

Settings> Network and Internet> WI-FI, click on the right on Manage known networks, select and then delete all network profiles, then reconnect to your network by re-entering the wi-fi password again.
    Is the rectangle symbol still there?

franco d'esaro, Aug 8, 2023
  3. WiFi icon showing weird rectangle

Hi Sushruta Bhattacharjee,

temporarily switch off the router and all the other wireless devices in the house, smartphones, tablets, Smart TVs, etc.
    Just keep your pc turned on.
    Do you still see the icon of that rectangle in the list of available Wi-Fi networks?

franco d'esaro, Aug 8, 2023
  4. Weird rectangle refuses to go away

WiFi icon showing weird rectangle

Hi,

Well, I wouldn't know -- I don't have another laptop to test your theory with. However, I must point out that the problem doesn't seem to arise from the WI-FI router, since EVERY single WI-FI (even my phone's hotspot and my neighbour's router) has that weird
    rectangle on it. The problem seems more local.

Sushruta Bhattacharjee, Aug 8, 2023
Thema:

Weird rectangle refuses to go away

1. Weird rectangle refuses to go away - Similar Threads - Weird rectangle refuses

2. sometimes this writing appears on desktop which refuse to go away.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sometimes this writing appears on desktop which refuse to go away.: hisometimes this writing appears on the desktop which refuses to go away. Sfc/scannow and dism can't help fix it. i can't see other icons in the immediate surroundings of this writing on the taskbar. Only PC restart fixes this problem but one can't restart PC repeatedly just...
  3. sometimes this writing appears on desktop which refuse to go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sometimes this writing appears on desktop which refuse to go away.: hisometimes this writing appears on the desktop which refuses to go away. Sfc/scannow and dism can't help fix it. i can't see other icons in the immediate surroundings of this writing on the taskbar. Only PC restart fixes this problem but one can't restart PC repeatedly just...
  4. Weird rectangle refuses to go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird rectangle refuses to go away: Im in Microsoft word and this rectangle popped up when I clicked format painting, not knowing what it was I was just checking stuff out....so now this thing won't go away and makes a ping sound when I try.to click out of it, hit esc, delete, anything else...closing with...
  5. ASUS touchscreen weird rectangle bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS touchscreen weird rectangle bug: hi, so i just recently bought an ASUS Zenbook 14 Flip OLED and so far everything works perfectly fine, until i started to draw on the touchscreen. for some odd reason my lines were cut off in this specific area forming a rectangle, seems fine on mouse but it seems to bug out...
  6. ASUS touchscreen weird rectangle bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS touchscreen weird rectangle bug: hi, so i just recently bought an ASUS Zenbook 14 Flip OLED and so far everything works perfectly fine, until i started to draw on the touchscreen. for some odd reason my lines were cut off in this specific area forming a rectangle, seems fine on mouse but it seems to bug out...
  7. Weird Alert That Won't go away. Virus or Malware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Alert That Won't go away. Virus or Malware?: [ATTACH] I've googled it but nothing comes up. I ran Avast and anti-Malwarebytes they both didn't find anything. I have no clue what this is or why it wont go away. Pls help submitted by /u/wham__ [link] [comments]...
  8. Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it: After updating my laptop to Windows 10 Version 2004, my wifi icon has turned to a weird icon as the snapshot below. Even this problem does not trigger any network issue, but this bug really making me uncomfortable. I just want to know, any solutions regarding to this...
  9. WiFi icon showing weird rectangle

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi icon showing weird rectangle: WiFi icon has a weird rectangle on top of it. [ATTACH] As you can see, the WiFi icon on the taskbar looks fine, but when I click on it, this rectangular box appears on top of WiFi. The same happens when I check available WiFis in Network and Internet settings. I am...
  10. Weird tile don't go away... cannot uninstall or nothing...

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird tile don't go away... cannot uninstall or nothing...: Hi there!! After my failed atempt to use build 1703, I decided to upgrade to 1607 and stay there at least until 1703 works with my stuff... However, I'm in the middle of a weird problem... well, more like an annoyance... seems MS upgraded their Feedback App (Now it's...