Windows 10: Weird Activities On System Security Logs In Event Viewer

Discus and support Weird Activities On System Security Logs In Event Viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, I checked my system security logs in event viewer and found some weird Audit Success Log on and some other activities on my computer at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ai Vo, Sep 23, 2024 at 6:58 AM.

1. Ai Vo Win User

Weird Activities On System Security Logs In Event Viewer

Recently, I checked my system security logs in event viewer and found some weird Audit Success Log on and some other activities on my computer at the time when i was sleeping. Is that mean someone remote logged on my pc and steal my information? Some of them has the security ID is the name of my device and user, some has security ID is SYSTEM and some has weird ID and name like the image below. Someone please help and tell me what to do!

:)

2. mibaup Win User

thousands of security logs in event viewer

it's weird, the CMD command doesn't show the security log number, it only shows the word "Security" but it's blank. The power shell however does show. And since I wrote the post, I got 1000+ more, and Event Viewer even added Exclamation mark next to the number. It shows: 13110(!) New events available

EventID are mostly 5379 and 4798.

Powershell output:
    Code:
    - - - Updated - - -

Oh so I guess it's something normal?

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

4. Weird Activities On System Security Logs In Event Viewer

thousands of security logs in event viewer

Hello @mibaup,

Run the command below in a CMD Prompt to list the total entries for EACH log . . .
    Code:
    Example output . . .
    Code:
    You could then run it AGAIN after about 5 minutes to see if there is a VAST difference in the totals. This should hopefully highlight any unusually drastic operations taking place, if ANY.

Just a thought.

The command in PowerShell [ if you prefer ] is . . .
    Code:
    I hope this helps.

Thema:

Weird Activities On System Security Logs In Event Viewer

1. Weird Activities On System Security Logs In Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Weird Activities System

2. Weird Activities On Windows Security Logs In Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Activities On Windows Security Logs In Event Viewer: Recently, I checked my windows security logs in event viewer and found some weird Audit Success Log on and some other activities on my computer at the time when i was sleeping. Is that mean someone remote logged on my pc and steal my information? Some of them has the security...
  3. Weird Activities On Windows Security Logs In Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Activities On Windows Security Logs In Event Viewer: Recently, I checked my windows security logs in event viewer and found some weird Audit Success Log on and some other activities on my computer at the time when i was sleeping. Is that mean someone remote logged on my pc and steal my information? Some of them has the security...
  4. Weird Activities On Windows Security Logs In Event Viewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Weird Activities On System Security Logs In Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Activities On System Security Logs In Event Viewer: Recently, I checked my system security logs in event viewer and found some weird Audit Success Log on and some other activities on my computer at the time when i was sleeping. Is that mean someone remote logged on my pc and steal my information? Some of them has the security...
  6. Weird Activities On System Security Logs In Event Viewer

Weird Activities On System Security Logs In Event Viewer: Recently, I checked my system security logs in event viewer and found some weird Audit Success Log on and some other activities on my computer at the time when i was sleeping. Is that mean someone remote logged on my pc and steal my information? Some of them has the security...
  7. Event Viewer Windows System Logs

Event Viewer Windows System Logs: I checked my event viewer the windows system logs and saw some kernel general and other activites on my computer at 1:20 AM. But that time i was sleeping, Is that a sign that i got hacked and someone was using my computer on that time??...
  8. weird warning logged in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird warning logged in event viewer: my pc for no reason "refreshed" so i went to the event logger and found this warning that was recent, im worried it might be some sort of malware im not familiar stuff so some explanations would be appreciated- <Event...
  9. weird warning logged in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird warning logged in event viewer: my pc for no reason "refreshed" so i went to the event logger and found this warning that was recent, im worried it might be some sort of malware im not familiar stuff so some explanations would be appreciated- <Event...
  10. thousands of security logs in event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    thousands of security logs in event viewer: I went to the Event Viewer to check why my system shut down and won't turn on for a few minutes after the shut down. Then I noticed that under "Windows Logs" >"Security", I have more than 10,000 "Audit Success" logs. more than 10 per second. Is this normal? EventID are...