Windows 10: Weather widget on left side taskbar broken

Discus and support Weather widget on left side taskbar broken in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It seems like my weather widget on my taskbar is broken. It won't update until I reboot or if I toggle the feed page in the widget settings.I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by seagate2001, Aug 21, 2024.

1. Weather widget on left side taskbar broken

It seems like my weather widget on my taskbar is broken. It won't update until I reboot or if I toggle the feed page in the widget settings.I've tried uninstalling with winget uninstall "Windows web experience pack" and reinstalling with winget install 9MSSGKG348SP but to no avail.Also as a bonus, the little illustration in my search box just disappeared without a trace after the last updates I did. I have web search turned on so I should be able to see it right?I wanted to provide some screenshots but I'm literally unable to upload them with the insert image button.

:)

seagate2001, Aug 21, 2024
  2. Chad333 Win User

Weather location in taskbar does not match weather widget

That did not fix the problem. And yes, I have rebooted.

Weather widget on left side taskbar broken 9ff94ed1-214f-4385-8e18-1e9d241a65b9?upload=true.png

It is incorrect to say that the problem is that the Weather app (seen on the right in the screenshot) is showing the wrong location.

The problem is that the weather widget that is embedded in the taskbar is incorrect.

As you see, I have three different weather reports. One is in the Weather widget in widgets view (opened via Windows + W). One is in the Weather App (which shows "Parkwood Maintenance, TX" instead of San Antonio, for some unclear reason). And in the lower left, you can see the weather report in the taskbar.

Apparently the weather widget in the taskbar much be controlled separately from the weather widget in the widget view and from the Weather app. But I don't know how to access the settings for the Weather widget in the taskbar. How do I fix it, so the taskbar shows the weather for the correct location?

Chad333, Aug 21, 2024
  3. Bertilak Win User
    weather content to the left side of the taskbar not showing

"Learn More" for 2022-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5010414) Which I just installed says:

• New! Adds weather content to the left side of the taskbar if the taskbar is aligned in the center. When you hover over the weather, the Widgets panel will appear on the left side of the screen and will disappear when you stop hovering over the area.
    I do not see any weather content. I changed the taskbar back and forth from left to center between restarting a couple of times but never saw any weather report on the taskbar. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:

OK, I see the problem. This feature is dependent upon widgets being enabled and I don't do that. That should be made clear! Interdependencies between features is a bad thing! It should also NOT depend on a center alignment. I don't do that either. Some sort of quick pop-up of the weather is, in itself, a great idea.

Bertilak, Aug 21, 2024
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Weather widget on left side taskbar broken

widgets on left taskbar

Hi RizkiGM

I am Dave, I will help you with this, please provide some more information on your question.

Do you mean you now see the widgets on the left or do you mean that after installing KB5010414, you do not have the widgets and weather icon on the left of your taskbar?

DaveM121, Aug 21, 2024
Thema:

Weather widget on left side taskbar broken

1. Weather widget on left side taskbar broken - Similar Threads - Weather widget left

2. Weather widget on left side taskbar broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget on left side taskbar broken: It seems like my weather widget on my taskbar is broken. It won't update until I reboot or if I toggle the feed page in the widget settings.I've tried uninstalling with winget uninstall "Windows web experience pack" and reinstalling with winget install 9MSSGKG348SP but to no...
  3. Weather Widget on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather Widget on Taskbar: The Widget has been showing the current temperature up until now. Suddenly, it shows the maximum temp only. Couldn't find any settings to readjust the setting. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.Window Ver 22H2, build 19045.3208...
  4. Weather Widget on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather Widget on Taskbar: The Widget has been showing the current temperature up until now. Suddenly, it shows the maximum temp only. Couldn't find any settings to readjust the setting. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.Window Ver 22H2, build 19045.3208...
  5. Weather Widget on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Weather widget in taskbar blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather widget in taskbar blank: Hi there,I recently noticed that the weather widget sometimes just shows the weather icon but no description. After mouseover the informations appear again. Here are two screenshots:No. 1: This is the normal appearance:No. 2: This is the issue I am talking about:Hope anyone...
  7. widgets on left taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    widgets on left taskbar: so after Update KB5010414 i istall it after 30 min and widgets on left pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widgets-on-left-taskbar/864c9ef8-08f3-404a-a410-4570dda1359b
  8. widgets on left taskbar

widgets on left taskbar: so after Update KB5010414 i istall it after 30 min and widgets on left pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widgets-on-left-taskbar/864c9ef8-08f3-404a-a410-4570dda1359b
  9. weather content to the left side of the taskbar not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weather content to the left side of the taskbar not showing: "Learn More" for 2022-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5010414 Which I just installed says:New! Adds weather content to the left side of the taskbar if the taskbar is aligned in the center. When you hover over the weather, the Widgets panel will...
  10. weather content to the left side of the taskbar not showing

weather content to the left side of the taskbar not showing: "Learn More" for 2022-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5010414 Which I just installed says:New! Adds weather content to the left side of the taskbar if the taskbar is aligned in the center. When you hover over the weather, the Widgets panel will...