Windows 10: WASAPI can't see audio input of generic USB audio device

Discus and support WASAPI can't see audio input of generic USB audio device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a very old Roland audio interface (UA1-EX) which I have to use in its generic USB audio mode because it is no longer supported by Roland. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ricecrispies, Dec 22, 2017.

1. WASAPI can't see audio input of generic USB audio device

I have a very old Roland audio interface (UA1-EX) which I have to use in its generic USB audio mode because it is no longer supported by Roland. I have been able to get it working using ASIO4ALL and record from its audio input, albeit very poorly. So I decided to try using it with WASAPI. However in my DAW's audio device controls, the mic input of the interface is not listed, even though its ouput is. Why would the input of a generic USB audio device not be available in WASAPI?

:)

ricecrispies, Dec 22, 2017

2. Windows 10 BSODs

Yes, twice. Both as Headphones (USB Audio Device) and Headset Microphone (USB Audio Device) in Audio Inputs and Outputs which is using the generic Microsoft driver (10/29/2015 and version 10.0.10586.0)

As well as USB Audio Device in Sound, video and game controllers which is using the following drivers:

• dmk.sys
    • ksthunk.sys
    • portcls.sys
    • USBAUDIO.sys
    • SysFixUI.dll
    • WMALFXGFXDSP.dll

Blue Dingo, Dec 22, 2017
  3. vin_ Win User
    Xbox recording has no sound while playedback.

There is something you can try, though it is unnecessarily complicated:

• Use a different screen recorder
    • Download Audacity (it's free). Set the audio provider as Windows WASAPI and the input device as your speakers. Then record, and piece the recording together to match the sound.

Thema:

WASAPI can't see audio input of generic USB audio device

1. WASAPI can't see audio input of generic USB audio device - Similar Threads - WASAPI can't audio

2. How do I reinstall USB generic audio driver USB audio device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall USB generic audio driver USB audio device?: HelloI accidently uninstalled the USB generic audio driver a few months ago. As result, I couldn't hear any sound coming from my PC nor use a mic. One of my family members decided to use a 3rd party software to backup to the last backup we did for this PC. Up until now, I can...
  3. How do I reinstall USB generic audio driver USB audio device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall USB generic audio driver USB audio device?: HelloI accidently uninstalled the USB generic audio driver a few months ago. As result, I couldn't hear any sound coming from my PC nor use a mic. One of my family members decided to use a 3rd party software to backup to the last backup we did for this PC. Up until now, I can...
  4. How do I reinstall USB generic audio driver USB audio device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. audio input device

audio input device: I just recently keep getting a pop up constantly regarding the conextant audio failed to >>>>. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-input-device/50ffcf6f-9935-4e5f-8401-8196c6f081b6
  6. USB audio input freezes

USB audio input freezes: I have a USB turntable that used to work just fine. Now, when try to record or just listen to with the audio device set to 2-channel 16-bit 44.1kHz or higher sampling rate, the audio will freeze after a bit. I'm not using any application software at all. I just open the...
  7. USB audio input

USB audio input: I can't get my computer to recognize audio from a mixer through the USB port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-audio-input/85208a1b-6d71-4501-83f8-827d76baf1ff
  8. Audio Input Device

Audio Input Device: Have downloaded the latest microsoft Windows 10 update applied and I lost my Audio. I do not have a microphone or headset. Just want my sound back with my apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-input-device/7765bd26-430f-45a0-a0fa-8b86f8bc8480
  9. USB GENERIC AUDIO ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB GENERIC AUDIO ERROR: Hi, i have a problem with my usb headset like for 2 weeks and i cant fix it. I cant stream because the streaming app cant controll my headphone volume. When i lower my volume from pc ( windows ) it doesnt effect the stream app. My viewers are hearing always the same...
  10. Code 10 generic usb audio device

Code 10 generic usb audio device: So i own a FIIO E10k DAC/AMP the asio drivers that they have make my PC BSOD,this is a well known problem among both asio users and E10K users That's why they recommend using the windows audio drivers that automatically install when you plug it in... for some reason i can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WASAPI error: could not find input device

2. wasapi input software windows

3. cant find wasapi input radio.co