Windows 10: Warning Event 63 WMI

Discus and support Warning Event 63 WMI in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community,I recently performed a clean install on my laptop and updated all the drivers from the manufacturer’s website. However, I’m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YogaMachine, Aug 8, 2024.

1. Warning Event 63 WMI

Hello Microsoft Community,I recently performed a clean install on my laptop and updated all the drivers from the manufacturer’s website. However, I’m encountering WMI event 63 warnings every time I restart Windows. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?Thanks in advance for your help!===============System Information:Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit 10.0, Build 22631 22621.ni_release.220506-1250Language: English Regional Setting: EnglishSystem Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.System Model: VivoBook_ASUSLaptop S5402ZA_S5402ZABIOS: S5402ZA.305 type: UEFIProcessor: 12th Gen

:)

YogaMachine, Aug 8, 2024
  2. Pz Sniper Win User

IntelMEProv WMI Warning

Hi,

I'm running Windows 11 (OS Build 22000.348) and i've clean installed it from Windows 10 but i've started to receive this warning in event log

Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI Date: 30/11/2021 15:21:47 Event ID: 63 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Pz-DESKTOP Description: A provider, IntelMEProv, has been registered in the Windows Management Instrumentation namespace root\Intel_ME to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Event Xml: http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> 63 2 3 0 0 0x8000000000000000 6456 Application Pz-DESKTOP http://manifests.microsoft.com/win/2006/windows/WMI"> IntelMEProv root\Intel_ME

My system specs
    Core i9 9900k

Asus ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming updated to latest bios 2004

Intel Management Engine Interface 2120.100.0.1085(SW 2134.15.0.2422) For Windows 10/11 64-bit

Can you help me please?

Pz Sniper, Aug 8, 2024
  3. IntelMEProv WMI Warning

Hello Pz Sniper,

Thank you for responding.

As per article below, it stated that "this warning is by design". These warning messages are expected during the installation of Configuration Manager client and can be safely ignored. The reasoning behind the warning is that we are letting the users know that any WMI provider (IntelMEProv) that runs under the LocalSystem context is not optimal. Therefore, it just provide the warning anytime the WMI service starts up.

If the warning messages continue to be logged after the installation of Configuration Manager client is complete, it may be because the Configuration Manager Client Retry Task in Scheduled Tasks was not removed after the successful install. If you continue to experience these warning messages after the Configuration Manager client is successfully installed, deleting or disabling this task in Scheduled Task will stops the numerous WMI warning messages from being generated.

Please see articles below for more information:

WMI Warnings

Windows Management Instrumentation - Win32 apps | Microsoft Docs

The first link shows a different provider not 'IntelMEProv' but the warning message is exactly the same.

I hope I was able to help you today.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Have a great day and stay safe!

Best regards,

Microsoft Community Advocate

Mara May M, Aug 8, 2024
  4. Warning Event 63 WMI

I keep getting Event ID 63 - WMI - Provider: IntelMEProv

Yesterday my pc updated a driver called: Intel - SoftwareComponent - 2130.1.15.0 .When I restarted my PC today I got this warning:

Source: WMI

Event ID: 63

A provider, IntelMEProv, has been registered in the Windows Management Instrumentation namespace root\Intel_ME to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests.

Is this something to be concerned about? or I can just ignore it? This warning only shows up when I restart my PC, when shutting down it doesn't show up on my event viewer

edit: I think I managed to stop the warnings, by restoring a system restore point before the update

CitrusChips, Aug 8, 2024
Thema:

Warning Event 63 WMI

1. Warning Event 63 WMI - Similar Threads - Warning Event WMI

2. WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer: Hello i getting the warning right before my pc freeze it mostly freeze in the game Satisfactory but saw it freeze in FiveM too Specs:4070 I7-14700KF the rma one after bios update64gb ddr4 ram 3200mobo Z690 Pro A Wifi DDR4 Msiand i running the game from Samsung 980 pro nvme...
  3. WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer: Hello i getting the warning right before my pc freeze it mostly freeze in the game Satisfactory but saw it freeze in FiveM too Specs:4070 I7-14700KF the rma one after bios update64gb ddr4 ram 3200mobo Z690 Pro A Wifi DDR4 Msiand i running the game from Samsung 980 pro nvme...
  4. Warning Event 63 WMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Warning Event 63 WMI: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently performed a clean install on my laptop and updated all the drivers from the manufacturer’s website. However, I’m encountering WMI event 63 warnings every time I restart Windows. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?Thanks in advance...
  5. WMI EVENT 63 warning causing random black screen during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI EVENT 63 warning causing random black screen during gaming: Hi all, during last 3 months I am getting same problem both on WIN 11 and WIN 10At the start of windows I am getting 3 warning msg in event viewer:A provider, IntelMEProv, has been registered in the Windows Management Instrumentation namespace root\Intel_ME to use the...
  6. WMI EVENT 63 warning causing random black screen during gaming

WMI EVENT 63 warning causing random black screen during gaming: Hi all, during last 3 months I am getting same problem both on WIN 11 and WIN 10At the start of windows I am getting 3 warning msg in event viewer:A provider, IntelMEProv, has been registered in the Windows Management Instrumentation namespace root\Intel_ME to use the...
  7. WMI EVENT 63 warning causing random black screen during gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer: Hi all,On the 7.7.2022 DD.MM.YY my Reliability Monitor listed an update which was performed "Intel - SoftwareComponent - 2130.1.15.0". I frequently check the Event Viewer for any Errors etc. This time the mentioned Event ID 63 with the Description:"A provider, IntelMEProv,...
  9. WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer

WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer: Hi all,On the 7.7.2022 DD.MM.YY my Reliability Monitor listed an update which was performed "Intel - SoftwareComponent - 2130.1.15.0". I frequently check the Event Viewer for any Errors etc. This time the mentioned Event ID 63 with the Description:"A provider, IntelMEProv,...
  10. WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware