Windows 10: warning BC40056: Namespace or type specified in the Imports...

Discus and support warning BC40056: Namespace or type specified in the Imports... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a project on visual studio 2022 that I'm trying to build but it's showing me import errors that aren't supposed to be there. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The artistB, Sep 20, 2024 at 6:07 AM.

1. warning BC40056: Namespace or type specified in the Imports...

Hello, I have a project on visual studio 2022 that I'm trying to build but it's showing me import errors that aren't supposed to be there. I've tried everything, looked for solutions, installed SDKs, updated my PC, but nothing. I've also tried with a PC running Windows 11 but I'm having the same problems.warning BC40056: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Windows.Devices.Bluetooth' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any alias

:)

2. dfosterMB Win User

DFS Namespace issue

I've got an issue with network shares containing shortcuts of themselves. This creates and endless loop when searching, among other issues. When attempting to delete the shortcuts, I would receive errors. Using fsutil i was able to find that these shortcuts
    are DFS Reparsepoints, and also was able to remove the reparsepoints and delete the folders (article). But they
    kept coming back.

It took a really long time, but I finally figured out that each of the shares with this issue has a DFS Namespace set up, and I believe that the issue is how the targets were created. For instance the shares with this problem exist as such: \\Server1\Share1
    and \\Server2\Share1 (these are replicated to each other). The namespace is listed as \\DomainName\Share but its namespace path is \\DomainName\Share1\Share1. I believe this is causing the namespace to create this reparsepoint INSIDE the share instead of
    AS the share.

I hope this isn't coming across as gibberish. How do I fix this? I can't simply edit the namespace path, and I'm afraid deleting the namespace itself will break everything.

3. how do i create a restore point for a specified drive using cmd?

Hello! My name is Mostafa; I will assist you today.

Please follow the steps below to create a restore point for a specified drive using cmd:

Type the following command in CMD with the admin right, and press Enter:

wmic.exe /Namespace:\\root\default Path SystemRestore Call CreateRestorePoint "Restore Point Name", 100, 7, "Drive='DRIVE_LETTER:\'"

Replace "Restore Point Name" with the name you want to give your restore point and DRIVE_LETTER with the letter.

For example, consider the command below:

wmic.exe /Namespace:\\root\default Path SystemRestore Call CreateRestorePoint "My Restore Point", 100, 7, "Drive='C:\'"

Please let me know if the above steps did not help. Thank you.

Mostafa Sadeghi, Sep 20, 2024 at 6:10 AM
  4. warning BC40056: Namespace or type specified in the Imports...

Import photos from SD Card in Photo Gallery using Autoplay

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Autoplay Settings in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Under Choose Autoplay defaults, select the option required from the drop down list for
      Removable drive and Memory card and close the Window.
    • Restart the system and check for status.
    I suggest you to try importing the photos using photo app as below and check if it helps.

• In the search box type photo.
    • Click on the photo app.
    • On the right hand top corner click on import option.
    • Before that you need to plug in SD card where you have saved the photos.
    Also refer the steps provided by
    Ruth Buruga
    replied on March 21, 2016 in the below link:

Redirecting

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Sep 20, 2024 at 6:10 AM
Thema:

warning BC40056: Namespace or type specified in the Imports...

1. warning BC40056: Namespace or type specified in the Imports... - Similar Threads - warning BC40056 Namespace

2. warning BC40056: Namespace or type specified in the Imports...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    warning BC40056: Namespace or type specified in the Imports...: Hello, I have a project on visual studio 2022 that I'm trying to build but it's showing me import errors that aren't supposed to be there. I've tried everything, looked for solutions, installed SDKs, updated my PC, but nothing. I've also tried with a PC running Windows 11 but...
  3. warning BC40056: Namespace or type specified in the Imports...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    warning BC40056: Namespace or type specified in the Imports...: Hello, I have a project on visual studio 2022 that I'm trying to build but it's showing me import errors that aren't supposed to be there. I've tried everything, looked for solutions, installed SDKs, updated my PC, but nothing. I've also tried with a PC running Windows 11 but...
  4. Specify files and folders that should be ignored for syncing by specifying names, types,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Specify files and folders that should be ignored for syncing by specifying names, types,...: The IT department of the University I work at hence, I'm a user, not an admin is currently migrating from OwnCloud/NextCloud to OneDrive/Sharepoint and I am wondering is there an equivalent to NextCloud's ignore-files .sync_exclude.lst? I am frequently in a situation where I...
  5. Specify files and folders that should be ignored for syncing by specifying names, types,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specify files and folders that should be ignored for syncing by specifying names, types,...: The IT department of the University I work at hence, I'm a user, not an admin is currently migrating from OwnCloud/NextCloud to OneDrive/Sharepoint and I am wondering is there an equivalent to NextCloud's ignore-files .sync_exclude.lst? I am frequently in a situation where I...
  6. Specify files and folders that should be ignored for syncing by specifying names, types,...

7. What is Windows namespace

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Windows namespace: Hello Microsoft CommunityCan someone tell me in simple terms : What is a "namespace ".alot of the terms and examples I have been finding are confussing. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-windows-namespace/3121b060-c45e-4087-9f5e-bc04c2a9daf1
  8. What is Windows namespace

What is Windows namespace: Hello Microsoft CommunityCan someone tell me in simple terms : What is a "namespace ".alot of the terms and examples I have been finding are confussing. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-windows-namespace/3121b060-c45e-4087-9f5e-bc04c2a9daf1
  9. DFS Namespace issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DFS Namespace issue: I've got an issue with network shares containing shortcuts of themselves. This creates and endless loop when searching, among other issues. When attempting to delete the shortcuts, I would receive errors. Using fsutil i was able to find that these shortcuts are DFS...
  10. GPEdit: namespace already defined?

in Windows 10 Support
    GPEdit: namespace already defined?: I ran Windows Update as normal this morning, but got a message at the top saying "Some settings are managed by your organisation." I looked on the forum, and sure enough, there were others with this problem. I chose the fix that involved GPEdit, but on running this I got...