Windows 10: want to remove files from onedrive to pc document file

Discus and support want to remove files from onedrive to pc document file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to remove all files over limit from OneDrive to my pc. Don't know why files were stored on OneDrive. would like to delete that completely cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nancy Pace, Sep 12, 2024.

1. want to remove files from onedrive to pc document file

I want to remove all files over limit from OneDrive to my pc. Don't know why files were stored on OneDrive. would like to delete that completely cannot find files.

:)

Nancy Pace, Sep 12, 2024
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 12, 2024
  3. How to restore original Documents folder (not Onedrive's) if I had not enough space in onedrive?

It sounds like your Documents folder may have been synced to OneDrive at some point, and now your computer is configured to use the OneDrive version of the folder instead of the local version.

To restore the original Documents folder on your computer, you will need to unsync or unlink the Documents folder from OneDrive. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Open the OneDrive settings by right-clicking on the OneDrive icon in the system tray and selecting "Settings".
    2. Go to the "Account" tab and click on "Unlink this PC".
    3. Confirm that you want to unlink the PC from OneDrive.
    4. After unlinking, OneDrive will ask you if you want to keep a copy of the files on your PC or remove them. Choose to keep a copy of the files on your PC.
    5. OneDrive will then start to remove the sync relationship with your Documents folder. This may take some time depending on how many files you have in the folder and your internet connection speed.
    Once the sync relationship has been removed, you should be able to access the local version of the Documents folder on your computer. You can then configure your computer to use the local version of the folder instead of the OneDrive version by following these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the OneDrive folder on your computer.
    2. Right-click on the Documents folder and select "Properties".
    3. In the "Location" tab, click on the "Move" button.
    4. Choose a location for the local version of your Documents folder (e.g. C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents).
    5. Click on "Apply" and confirm that you want to move the files from the old location to the new location.
    6. After the files have been moved, your computer should start using the local version of the Documents folder instead of the OneDrive version.
    I hope this helps you restore your Documents folder to its original state!

Do let me know if you need further assistance.

Shivam.Pandey, Sep 12, 2024
  4. want to remove files from onedrive to pc document file

Why were SMART Files Removed from OneDrive in Windows 10?

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

This article details why SMART files, also known as placeholder files, were removed from OneDrive in Windows 10.

Details

OneDrive has gone through many changes in Windows 10, most notably the removal of SMART files (placeholder files) from OneDrive. They still exist in Windows 8.1, however they were removed, hopefully temporarily, from OneDrive in Windows 10 because of the
    fragmented sync engines between OneDrive on Windows 7/Mac, OneDrive on Windows 8.1, and OneDrive for Business. The following article details what changes the OneDrive team made and why they made them:

Taking the Next Step in
    OneDrive

From a development point of view, it's a much better approach to consolidate their codebase, but from a user point of view, it's very frustrating.

Like many of us, if you want that feature back, please vote for it here on the OneDrive UserVoice page:

OneDrive UserVoice: "Sync online only" for Ondrive

Getting Started with OneDrive and Choosing Folders

To get started with OneDrive in Windows 10, please review these pages to familiarize yourself with the tools new processes:

Since you cannot choose which files are Available Online-only and Available Offline, you can choose the folders you want to sync. Review these two pages:

stanimal21, Sep 12, 2024
Thema:

want to remove files from onedrive to pc document file

1. want to remove files from onedrive to pc document file - Similar Threads - remove files onedrive

2. want to remove files from onedrive to pc document file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to remove files from onedrive to pc document file: I want to remove all files over limit from OneDrive to my pc. Don't know why files were stored on OneDrive. would like to delete that completely cannot find files....
  3. removing onedrive account deletes all documents and photos files from my pc will not restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing onedrive account deletes all documents and photos files from my pc will not restore: windows 10 reinstall apparently created a onedrive account and started sending my files to the cloud. When I discovered this and deleted onedrive from the PC and closed the onedrive account following instructions on microsoft support site, it also deleted all the files in the...
  4. removing onedrive account deletes all documents and photos files from my pc will not restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    removing onedrive account deletes all documents and photos files from my pc will not restore: windows 10 reinstall apparently created a onedrive account and started sending my files to the cloud. When I discovered this and deleted onedrive from the PC and closed the onedrive account following instructions on microsoft support site, it also deleted all the files in the...
  5. removing onedrive account deletes all documents and photos files from my pc will not restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Remove files from OneDrive?

Remove files from OneDrive?: Latest update to W10. I mistakenly put some files into OneDrive that I don't want in a cloud. When I tried to remove them, I got a notice that I'd also be removing them from my hard drive. Could have been that the files weren't fully loaded to the cloud at that time. Anyway,...
  7. I want my files on OneDrive removed and back on PC

I want my files on OneDrive removed and back on PC: Hi, I HATE ONEDRIVE. This is the worst cloud service ever! It only has 5gb storage, however it removed all my 600GB photos from my PC! It only backed up 4GB, however all 600gb have been removed from my PC and transferred to the cloud. This alone has me baffled, how can it...
  8. removing files and documents from OneSource

removing files and documents from OneSource: I accidentally enrolled for OneSource. All of my files and documents are now missing. I removed OneSource from my desktop. I do not have a OneSource icon on my computer. How can I retrieve my files and documents and return them to my computer?...
  9. Removing files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing files from OneDrive: How do I remove files from OneDrive without removing them from my computer? I don't have to have everything on my computer backed up to One Drive. How do I stop that from happening?...
  10. Remove OneDrive from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove OneDrive from File Explorer: I had to reinstall Windows 10 recently. While I was copying my files to C:\users\[MyName] I discovered that Microsoft pushed the OneDrive service and linked automatically, messing everything with the 5GB limit. I unlinked OneDrive and later uninstalled from Windows. The...