Windows 10: Want a clean reset for computer so I can give it away

Discus and support Want a clean reset for computer so I can give it away in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ok so I wanted to reset my computer and give it to a friend but after reseting it my old account is still on it but it says pin is no longer available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jim bob Jones1, Oct 7, 2024 at 5:57 PM.

1. Want a clean reset for computer so I can give it away

Ok so I wanted to reset my computer and give it to a friend but after reseting it my old account is still on it but it says pin is no longer available and to make a new one but if i click that it gives me an error of user profile service service unavailable. ive tryed to reset it again my same result help.

:)

Jim bob Jones1, Oct 7, 2024 at 5:57 PM
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 7, 2024 at 6:01 PM
  4. Toothless Win User

Want a clean reset for computer so I can give it away

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Thema:

Want a clean reset for computer so I can give it away

1. Want a clean reset for computer so I can give it away - Similar Threads - clean reset computer

2. Want a clean reset for computer so I can give it away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want a clean reset for computer so I can give it away: Ok so I wanted to reset my computer and give it to a friend but after reseting it my old account is still on it but it says pin is no longer available and to make a new one but if i click that it gives me an error of user profile service service unavailable. ive tryed to...
  3. Want a clean reset for computer so I can give it away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Want a clean reset for computer so I can give it away: Ok so I wanted to reset my computer and give it to a friend but after reseting it my old account is still on it but it says pin is no longer available and to make a new one but if i click that it gives me an error of user profile service service unavailable. ive tryed to...
  4. how do I clean computer so I can return it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I clean computer so I can return it: Need to return computer. How so I clear personal files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clean-computer-so-i-can-return-it/09a05a36-89f5-408f-81f6-3a0175d370f2
  5. how do I clean computer so I can return it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I clean computer so I can return it: Need to return computer. How so I clear personal files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clean-computer-so-i-can-return-it/09a05a36-89f5-408f-81f6-3a0175d370f2
  6. i want to give this PC away, how do I remove my account. I cannot use RESET.

i want to give this PC away, how do I remove my account. I cannot use RESET.: When I attempt Reset, I get:There was a problem resetting your PCNo changes were made https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-give-this-pc-away-how-do-i-remove-my/bcc953ea-fb07-4f20-b33b-de9b031aa2c1
  7. how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.

how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.: Hi,Please could you send me directions to completely wipe everything from my laptop so that I can give it to someone else without needing to sign into my account. It is a Hp stream laptop....
  8. how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.: Hi,Please could you send me directions to completely wipe everything from my laptop so that I can give it to someone else without needing to sign into my account. It is a Hp stream laptop....
  9. I need to reset my computer before giving it away.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to reset my computer before giving it away.: I removed all of my files and the ran CCleaner to wipe the free spaces with 7 over-writes. I have tried resetting my computer 2 times and on the restart I get a message the reset failed and no changes were made to the computer. I still have windows and the Edge browser, but...
  10. Give computer away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Give computer away: I want to give my computer to someone, how do I remove me as a user (and add them)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/give-computer-away/3c778260-9916-4a1c-83be-ddd62551dff4"